Vancouver, WA
Students enrolled: 2,062

Heritage High School 4

Posted December 16, 2014
I have been happy with the level of education and interactions with teachers so far. We moved from a "desired" high school boundary to Heritage and are on the border of two other high schools. I was a little worried at first if moving was the right choice. Why would we leave if there was the opportunity to go to the newest high school with strong athletics? I wasn't convinced that it was so great from my interactions with other parents and students. I felt my kid would get lost in the crowd. Most of the kids at that school are from privileged families. There were hundreds of kids trying out for sports that only the select few got to actually play or make the team. I was looking for a diverse student body, committed teachers, and opportunities to participate. The teachers I've met at Heritage have been supportive and really want their students to succeed. Most seem to really enjoy teaching. My freshman is doing well. I appreciate the diversity of this school which I feel reflects the community we live in and have found Heritage has a lot to offer.

Heritage High School 5

Posted May 06, 2013
I work at Heritage. It is a good school with a lot of resources for all of the students here. However, every parent needs to know that cell phones are not welcome in the classroom. Your child is not doing well because they won't put their phones away during class and focus on learning.

Heritage High School 2

Posted January 05, 2013
this is a good high school for the most part . but one math teacher needs to be removed from the evergreen school dist .i disc like paying taxes on teacher that not there for are kids

Heritage High School 1

Posted August 07, 2012
What a Circus! Between the district and the school, there seems to be less than no communication, no one within the school knows what anyone else is doing and asking questions invites a wild goose chase for answers. As a parent, I encountered a handful of caring individuals willing to invest effort in my intelligent, yet charmingly lazy, senior. The admin, however took all year to realize some PE credits didn't transfer and he needed more. Would have been helpful information, right? It's tough enough for a kid to realize his own mistakes, but add them to those made by the people in charge, and this could do much more harm than good. Willing to stake your child's education on this being a unique situation?

Heritage High School 3

Posted November 02, 2010
I'm a Heritage alumni and while I had a great social experience, the education itself was average. Most teachers I had lacked solid credentials and there was a tendency to set the bar low. It was easy to skip, sleep, and not study while still attaining an A (including some AP classes). Overall the school doesn't prepare you for a good university at all since it's goal is to pass the dumbest students alive. If the student isn't smart, flunk them. Don't make the entire curriculum easier because of them. Due to this low bar, most students will be stuck going to weaker schools such as WSU. One reason for the below average student body and teachers is the fact that a major focus of many high schools includes extracurricular activities, and social events that distract the students from the actual education. etc...

Heritage High School 3

Posted February 11, 2010
I go to heritage currently and its a great school but the teachers dont explain things enough and then pile homework on that we dont understand so our grades plumit when our homework has incorrect answers on it.... just something to think about!

Heritage High School 4

Posted July 20, 2009
I really wish it was easier to do multiple things. Big Brother Big Sister interferes with Running Start and sports such as swimming, and band. I would love to do clubs such as art or environmental club. There is a ton of things to do, but not enough time to do it all. Overall, I enjoyed Heritage, but high school is high school, there is always going to be the good kids, the bad kids, the good teachers, the bad teachers, the easy classes, and the hard classes. I don't know how to compare Heritage to to any other high schools, but it is a really good school, and there will always be nice kids to hang around. :)

Heritage High School 5

Posted January 02, 2009
My child goes to this school and I think its the best school ever. I don't think I could have put her in a better school. It's a great school. The teacher involvement is incrediable. Great job heritage.

Posted September 17, 2008
I am a sophemore at Heritage. We definately have alot of school spirit. Most of the teachers are amazing people and good at what they teach. There are alot of opportunities for people who like to dance, such as classes and after school teams. It isn't the best school if you are pursuing art however. There is a photography, drawing, pottery, and basic art class. I found it hard to get into one because they fill up really fast and there isn't much space considering the large amount of students in school. Of ourse, there are great fitness classes for anyone who loves being active or wants to get in shape.

Posted February 21, 2008
I am currently a sophomore at Heritage and love every minute of it. There are so many programs and activities to get involved in. We have a variety of sport and clubs. The classes are also plentiful. Art is encouraged here with a required fine arts credit. There is a great drama program and also photography, pottery, and drawing. Physical Ed. is also strongly encouraged because of the 2 credits required. Standardized testing isn't a huge deal which is good especially if you want your student to care about the work instead ofworking hard to get the grade. The teachers are fantastic with a different style of teaching. Uhm.. there are 4 computer labs which can be used after school. Hope this helps.

7825 NE 130th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98682
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top