No rating

Hosanna Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 147 students

We are best known for caring atmosphere.

Living in Vancouver

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Sweep tile

Posted April 25, 2013

We LOVE Hosanna. My oldest has been attending for 4 years and our youngest for 2 years and its been a great, supportive experience. I'm in constant communication with the teachers. My children are receiving an excellent education.

Posted May 8, 2012

My child has been at this school since preschool. The teachers and support staff are very friendly. I like that they use ABeka it wonderful to see the books they read goes along with the Bible. I have really enjoyed my child getting a wonderful education here at Hosanna.

Posted May 18, 2011

All three of our children have attended Hosanna starting in Kindergarten. Our older children that have since tranisitioned into public school have both excelled acedemically, socially, and stand out above their peers for citzenship. Hosanna does and outstanding job of combining a solid education, along with teaching the word of the Lord and citizenship to students. The teachers have all been very supportive and we are proud to have been a part of such a great school.

Posted May 4, 2011

My 3 children attended Hosanna from Preschool to 6th grade. I found the school to be very welcoming and caring. My children received a great education that helped them move smoothly into public school. The teachers are certificated and continue to take education classes to keep current with their skills. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 3, 2011

We have had our 11-year old daughter in this school now for 8 years! She started in pre-school, and now is in the 5th grade. I work in a local public elementary school, and I can confidently say that the education my daughter is getting at Hosanna is far and away better and more well-rounded than what the kids in my school are receiving. ALL of her teachers have been certified. But more than that, they have all been careful to communicate with us as to what WE might do to help her in her success as a student. We are much more than "satisfied" with the schooling our daughter is getting. We are grateful!

Posted April 1, 2011

Inadequate teaching skills in staff along with poor knowledge of early childhood development. Some teachers are not certified. I will be looking for another school.

Posted January 30, 2010

I was disappointed in the quality of the preschool program at Hosanna. I was surprised that at half way through the year, he was still unable to hold a pencil and adequately cut with scissors. At home he could color with precision yet at school his coloring looked like a toddler's performance. Communication between parent and teacher was hardly adequate and thorough. In summary I'd say that my child lacked the individual attention needed for student success, and thus withdrew him from Hosanna and admitted him to another local private school.

Posted October 2, 2009

My child went to school at Hosanna for 6 yrs. and is now attending public school with much better success. I found the teaching staff to be under educated and many not certified. Also, this school is a dumping ground for children with behavioral problems that are not otherwise accepted in the public school system or are expelled from there. My child had a great deal of difficulty learning, because the disruptive students created a difficult learning environment. Some of the teaching staff, were verbally abusive at times due to the hostile environment caused by the students with behavioral problems. The administrative staff were ill equipped to deal decisively with the the hostile students prolonging the problem. My child left Hosanna being at least 2 yrs behind in the core subjects, because of these issues. Overall since transferring to public school my child's overall core education has improved 30%.

Posted June 24, 2008

My family has had a wonderful experience at Hosanna for the last 2 years!! The staff is so caring and committed to their students and the curriculum is as good, if not better than the surrounding schools. My daughter just finished Kindergarten and was reading at a 1st Grade level! I am so proud!

Posted January 28, 2008

I went to school at hosanna and enjoyed all the staff and students now I am attending Skyview High school and appreciate the teacher who taught me how important it is to keep Christianity in my life
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2007

I am most pleased with the academics my child received last year and we are back this year. Mrs. Bean at Hosanna was sweet and polite and exhibited good Christian behavior like you would expect at a private Christian school. Class size is small, teachers work with issues and excellent communication with parents. I highly recommend to everyone. Remember what matters most - your kid's education! Good morals and ethics a a foundation here.

Posted December 20, 2006

My daughter has attended since Pre-K. She is now in 5th grade. We love it. The staff has always treated us with respect. The faculty members truly care about their students. They have done an excellent job at encouraging her and helping her develop a positive sense of self.

Posted October 25, 2006

My daughter is currently enrolled here in Pre Kindergarten, and as a parent I absolutely love it! The programs are great, the teacher to student ratio is low and there is absolutely 100% positive influence, just the type of environment that every parent looks for when choosing a school for their children. 100% recommended

Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Pastor Steve Briner
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Year-round
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Other
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (360) 694-0224

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious