Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We give a "Good" rating. Our child enjoyed Columbia Valley very much. However, we did have a couple of concerns: our teacher chose to reveal her sexuality (married to another woman) to the children which we were not prepared for. To share one's sexuality with a classroom of children at ages six-seven years of age, especially without letting the parents know, we felt was inappropriate. It is too young of an age in a child's life to understand such a complex issue. The no homework policy at Columbia Valley leaves parents "in the dark" as to what the children are actually learning and achieving in class.

I absolutely love this school. My kids have learned so much in the short time we have been here. Not to mention the staff, principal and pto are all amazing people.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They go above and beyond to engage the kids and interest them in learning. this has helped my 4th grader go from crying every night about not being smart enough (at her other school) to feeling empowered to do better.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is a no homework policy. Students have to ability to do homework if they want to but teachers are not to reprimand them or hand out class-wide homework. That being said, I do wish they had some homework so that us parents can see what they are doing with out having to have a conference with the teacher.

Develops character: Agree

The school is always trying through many different avenues. It just seems like the parents need to be involved in some of this so that the support can be strengthened at home.

This is my kids first year here at Columbia Valley and I can say the staff is amazing! Mr. Fernandez goes above and beyond to make a positive atmosphere. The counselor is always willing to help the kids sort through their problems, whether it be home or school related. The teachers are very creative and do their best to not only give the kids a great education but to make it fun and engaging. My only complaint is with the parents. Not many are willing to give up time and volunteer. One activity had to be canceled because of this. All in all I am glad my children are a part of this wonderful school.

Our school is simply, amazing! We have the best staff and principal, period. Both my kids have special needs and are so well loved and taken care of by the teaching staff and Mr. Fernandez our fantastic principal. The staff are so dedicated to educating and helping our children. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The facilities are fantastic as are the programs offered to the kids. Mr. Fernandez greets the kids every single morning with a cup of coffee in hand, he literally knows them all by name, it's really touching. Love our school so much!!!!

I absolutely LOVE this school. Both my children have had amazing teachers. All of the staff truly cares- from the principal down to the bus drivers. Having been in several other states and schooling systems, Evergreen school district, and more specifically, Columbia Valley, is by far the best! I could not be happier with the education and life skills my children are learning. Thank you to all the staff that puts in the long hours and hard work!

Columbia Valley Elementary is a good school. It has a good music program with a very caring music teacher who enjoys teaching music and sharing her love of music. It has onsite childcare. Columbia Valley cares about kids. I think the school works hard at educating the whole child placing importance on academics, music, and health. The school counselor has rotating lunches with all the kids. There is an annual all school read.

This school has a great staff! The principal is very involved with the kids making school fun!

Last modified Columbia Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.