Bad
Good

This is really a great school. To start, it can be confusing when parents research it because the building that houses this program also holds two other programs and the "data" is all be dumped into one school. For example, the Virtual Learning Academy is an entirely separate school/program for kids who want to go to school online. But the VHC program at Lieser school (the program we're talking about here) is a great hybrid between regular school and home school. My kid's above-level so it's been a great way for us to support this without the wasted time in overpacked public school classrooms. On the other hand, a few of her peers get extra support from the school such as reading tutors. So it's a great place for all levels. Curriculum is provided too. The best part of this school is the administration and office staff. They are amazing, love children, and are receptive to parents. It's a great way for kids to get an education if they have supportive parents at home. My kid excelled this past year. And the time we save by not attending public school 5 days/week allows us to participate in activities like music and sports without having to choose or compromise education/family time.

This school is amazing. It is the best of both worlds. VHC is a great environment for students to learn.

I am the parent of two elementary age ( 1st and 2nd grade) children attending Vancouver Home Connection. I would recommend this school to anyone living in the Vancouver area. My husband and I are fairly new to the area and bought our first home two years ago. We enrolled our children in a Vancouver school not too far form our new home not knowing what the school was like. We removed them from that school the following school year, due to the behavior of the children at that school. Upon further research and considering online homeschooling full time, we were introduced to VHC by the school district. It took a bit of getting used to but we will not ever go back to a traditional public school. We are allowed (and encouraged) to be actively involved with our children's progress. The staff is very caring and attentive to our children's needs. I feel that our children are in a safe happy environment where they are able to get the help they need and quality instruction without the disruption of children with behavior issues. I have even witnessed the older kids at the school being kind and courteous to the younger grades. VHC is a great alternative to other schools in the area.

For elementary/middle school level, this school is alright as long as you, as a parent, follow the rules and don't irritate the faculty. Bullying is a problem. But as a high school, it's the worst possible place. I attended high school for less than a year before getting kicked out because my teachers sabotaged me. They are judgmental, bias, rude, and play favorites. I'm an adult and a parent now, and what the teachers at that school did to me still hurts.

I had heard high praise for VHC, and thought it a compromise for meeting my husbands concern that our children were missing out socially. This is a public school disquised as a home-school co-op. It is EXACTLY the same lessons, with no extras, as was promised us. There is no longer a music program & the art is limited. The pe for highschool is INTERNET pe and there is a cost! We are on this site because we are seeking alternatives for this coming year.

We tried VHC for a while, and were not blown away as we had expected to be. The teachers are fine, but nothing you wouldn't see anywhere else. The "consultations" are nothing more than audits, with almost no real help in planning your home school curriculum. There is almost no real supervision in the hallways, which is really too bad because of the high number of children with behavioral problems, which is clearly contributiong to a bullying problem. If you speak up, or ask for suggestions the highly abrasive program specialist will argue with you, and lable you a "trouble maker". All in all,its public school deguising itself as a homeschool co-op to get your tax dollars, and make you feel underqualified to teach your child so you'll enroll for more weekly hours.

Absolutely hands down the best support system for home school families. Not only do they provide curriculum but also, staff support to support your families needs. A wonderful school with the best staff!

Last modified Vancouver Home Connection is a Public school that serves grades K-12