Vancouver, WA
Before care: Yes

Endeavour Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
To actually complain about the passing out of a doughnut to a student who brings their mother, father or grandparent to a school function is a little absurd. How about appreciating the fact that a relative is coming to spend time with their son/daughter/grandchild? You obviously came when it was advertised as doughnuts for dads, doughnuts for dear moms etc so you were expecting a doughnut. Think about the school itself and what a great job it's doing. Endeavour has some kinks it's working out but I love that my children go there and is cared for by the staff. They are well educated and know how to teach and know how to make my kids stronger academically.

Posted May 12, 2014
No school is perfect, but Endeavour does the best with what it has to work with. Parent involvement is fair. Parents are certainly given apportunities, but most parents have full time jobs. The teachers are dedicated to students. There are positive changes every year.

Posted December 14, 2013
I was taken aback that all the chattering about childhood obesity on the eve of its five year anniversary the staff chose to serve donuts at the recent open house. When I asked staff about this disconnect, I received nothing but sheepish grins leaving me with the impression that they were what their grins portrayed. Courage is in short supply these days! What message does that send? Is this not just another example of a broken and failing hypocritical system? (See recent International Student Assessment) I for one would like an intelligent response, but I doubt that will be forthcoming. And, you will come shamelessly trolling for more tax dollars... Bill Dennis 360-667-5342

Posted March 19, 2013
I was surprised to see so many negative reviews of Endeavour. I've had very positive experiences with this school for 3 years with two children. The front desk staff know me and my children by name, as does the principal. Any concern I've had has been addressed quickly. They are quick to intervene if there are any problems and keep me well informed as to my children's progress. Also, several of the teachers that I have spoken to rate this school as the best and most positive school they've worked at. There have been a few issues with bullying but the teachers have responded pretty well and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore. I'm perhaps biased since I came from the Texas school system, but if I were given the choice I would stay at this school even if we moved to another area.

Endeavour Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2012
The teachers work tirelessly to create a positive environment! The main SCIP teacher lacks professionalism. Bullying should be addressed at this school. There are a lot of great resources for homeless families and families in poverty. The school counselor works tirelessly for these populations. I don't see a common thread of school expectations as children move from grade to grade. This school has some growing to do, but I love the positive and fun environment.

Endeavour Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2012
I have had a couple of good experiences in this school, but the negative experiences have far outweighed the positive ones. I have been satisfied by a couple of teachers, but extremely disappointed by others. I truly feel bad for the good teachers that have had to get mixed in to this bad environment. The bullying that goes on in this school is not dealt with strongly enough. The principal does not handle the situations professionally or appropriately. She has been known to question students in a non-confidential environment and also to "coach" them into saying what she wants them to say rather than being able to express their true feelings. The school counselor has also dropped the ball on handling situations where her assistance was needed. We are now considering transferring our student to another school in hopes of better academics and a safer environment where they won't get emotionally or physically abused by other students. NO person should ever have to endure this kind of treatment. It needs to be handled better than this school does.

Posted November 14, 2011
I have been VERY satisfied with this school. In fact, we moved out of the boundary and I continue to keep my daughter in this school. Her teacher is amazing, as is all of the staff.

Posted July 18, 2011
Endeavour has been a very stressful topic in my home for the last 3 years! The teachers don't know how to handle the children and give proper discipline. One teacher even took away science from the whole class as a punishment. There is a lot of Ill behaved children at Endeavour I think because the school is close to some not so great neighborhoods. My daughter has had to deal with boys saying very inappropriate and pervers things to her. One of my daughters friends actually moved so they could send their child to a different school because he was attacked in the restroom. There is more but I think that gets the point across.

Posted April 09, 2011
Bullying is swept under the rug at this school. Principal told me if I just didn't give my son attention for the bruises he was coming home with that soon enough he would stop complaining about them and that school life needed to stay at school like home life needed to stay at home. I would never recommend this school.

Endeavour Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2011
It would be helpful if the staff returns calls. Is there an email list for the staff on the school site somewhere?

Endeavour Elementary School
2701 NE Four Seasons Ln, Vancouver, WA  98684
Last modified Endeavour Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Endeavour Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top