Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

By far the worst school my children have been to. The staff treat the children as if they are incapable of thinking or doing for themselves. The principal is a complete joke. Half of the teachers are airheads and scatter brained. They act like because they have 20 kids in a class they can't focus bee bothered with assigning homework. My kids have been to a school with double the kids at burton and got homework everyday. The lunch menu is ridiculous. As much as they promote "healthy eating" what they serve the kids is a joke. Another school my kids went to had a full salad bar with fresh fruit and vegetables daily along with other healthy options. the kids were able to serve themselves because guess what.. It teaches them how to be responsible and clean and mature etc. The processed pre frozen garbage and pre bagged junk food served there is not acceptable. But hey if they throw an apple on lunch tray it's healthy. Students were definitely not treated equal here as well. If you have a parent on the pta or are food buddies with someone.. Your kid might be fine. But be a new student with parents new to the area and your kids are treated like garbage. I've donated to the school. Book drives. Volunteered. But this school is still a joke.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some teachers issue homework. Some feel too bothered to issue homework and it's too much of a burden to issue homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can they instill it in the children if the staff doesn't practice it to begin with ?

We've moved a lot in the last 6 years. Enough that my kids have had 4 different schools now. So I've seen a lot of different styles & personalities. I've been beyond impressed with how Burton has handled things. From the get go, they treated my kids like individuals, and not just another body. They evaluated both of them and put them in a class suited for them (and not just a class that had a desk available). They paid special attention to my youngest (not special needs or anything, just some personality issues I was concerned about). They worked with me to find the best solution for him. The office staff is always friendly. The school has a very welcoming feel (I love the library and how it's situated in the middle of the classrooms). And their mascot is a dragon - that's pretty awesome lol. All in all, I am so very pleased with this school and I'm thrilled my kids are going here!

My daughter works there and I know that she cares about every student in her class. She strives to instill pride in every one of her students. She is an excellent human being.

I feel like Burton teachers cant really care less about each individual student. I am very disappointed in the teachers.

I loved everything,my son had a lot of improvement,we just moved from the islands and t was so much they have helped my son in everything by learning the language,reading,counting and more,thank you to all his teachers,principal and every faculties,may you all be blessed and God give you more knowledge and strength by teaching all the children from here and there,thank you again and may you all be blessed

Hi I have two kids that go to this school. I am not happy at all with the school well with the teachers. I have volunteerd for two years and I see that the kids are on their own most of the time. The teacher's just don't care. They say your kid is not doing good at a subject but will not spend the one on one time. This is a bad school the teacher in my sons second grade class said she dosent even check his homework. Amy from the office is the only person I can say anything good about she is helpful and nice.

My grandson started Kendergarten this year and we seem to be pleased with the school and his teacher and staff. The teacher seems to be really organized and I greatly appriciate that it's very helpfull for me to stay on top of things with my grandsons homework ect. Pleased Grandma:*)

I find it disturbing that my not-so-great review of Burton elementary, dated May 11th, was removed despite adhering to the terms of service of this web site. I won't go into long drawn-out detail of my problems with this school again since it appears they have enlisted the help of members of this community to squash any negative opinions of Burton elementary. I'll just give my star ratings and leave it at that. **Be wary of the artificially high scores on the reviews for this school, negative reviews get removed.**

Last modified Burton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.