Posted April 22, 2014
This school is by far the worst school, with the worst staff I have EVER had to deal with. As an ex teacher and the mother of two children I have been involved in a decent number of schools, spanning three states and CMS is atrocious. The staff is discriminatory, to the point where I had to involve the ACLU for an email sent out by the Associate Principle targeting my daughter by name. They are currently under investigation for their lack of involvement with their bullying problem. I could write a book about the horrendous office staff/ administrative staff/ etc. At one point the P.E. teachers were weighing students IN FRONT of other students and making comments about each students' weight. It was absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. My best advice is to stay as far away from this school as possible.

Posted April 04, 2014
This school is amazing we have a great staff and the people here are always welcomeing. We have a great educational program and if you are a 6th grader the 8th and 7th graders are very welcoming. This is a great school and very welcoming.

Covington Middle School 3

Posted November 12, 2013
I attended this school back before it was rebuilt. Looking back, I can honestly say that there wasn't much special about it. The halls and classes seemed dreary. Most of the teachers were nice enough from a student's stand point, but there had been one in particular who really didn't seem like he should be a teacher. Our family didn't believe my older sister's stories about him until I had the same teacher. I really hope he's retired or been fire since then. Bullying and such, like almost every other school, were a problem. Teachers had a 'I didn't see it, so I can't do anything' attitude. Best advice I can give is to go in and ask questions about dress codes, events, and security. If your child's education is important to you, don't forget to do your own homework.

Posted September 30, 2013
Having seen the worst of the worst, I can honestly say this is a wonderful school in every aspect. Please don't listen to the rumors, they are not true. Visit and see for yourself before you judge. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure the students are learning and the administration is always there to help you with any issues that arise. This is a wonderfully diverse community and I am happy to be a part of it.

Posted July 29, 2013
I went to covington last year and all my friends and me hated it there the teachers discriminated against me and would blame me for anything i did so whatever you do do enroll your child in this school

Posted June 14, 2013
We've had problems with a particular teacher all year long. With the exception of one or two teachers, this school really has not impressed us at all. The administrative staff is awful and non-responsive to "real" problems with it's teachers. My children constantly complain about the rudeness, abuse and cruelty or their teachers. I'd think differently about putting your kids into this middle school as it's hard enough to be a teen these days without serious issues with teachers.

Posted May 01, 2013
Being a Colt for nearly 15 years has given me the freedom to say it is one of the 'best in the West' most definitely! Within the time I've been there I've seen innovative ideas, positive change, and successful team-building promoting a wide-range of accomplishments in the education field! Other schools within our district look up to us to deliver the next routine of healthy accord and we're proud to take the reins and lead, it's a team effort that is across the board. We can proudly say we've come a long way and we continue to stride for the mark of not only great team work, but student achievement for all those who attend. Diversity is HUGE and we're sensitive to all those who come through our doors, whether you're wheelchair bound, autistic, learning disabled, behavioral driven, etc. we'll work to support you in every way we can. I'm extremely confident that we will continue to make great strides in educating our students in all areas of growth and with excellence. "GO COLTS!"

Posted April 30, 2013
This school is aweful. You can hear the teachers screaming at students from across the hall. I got detention for getting some water. There are a few nice teachers that will help you but most act like dictators, they do not care about the students and treat them more like dogs.

Covington Middle School 3

Posted February 03, 2013
Am having some trouble with this school. When I went for conferences earlier this year, I did not like the way I was talked to by several of the teachers. I started to become afraid they were all like that until I met with some of the afternoon teachers, who seemed to really have great programs put together, skill at teaching the subjects and knew how to work with (not against) my child. I receive the weekly online notices about my child's grades and have received o.k. reports. I was surprised, then, to get a letter in the mail saying my child was "at risk" of not passing 1 or more classes. Obviously these notices are not as accurate as they need to be. The letter said I should come in next week for conferences again. I am dreading seeing those "a.m." teachers and am thinking about just skipping straight to the afternoon classes.

Posted July 09, 2012
Worst middle school! They have a huge issue with bullying and the staff refuses to do anything or even recognize there is a problem. The counselor on staff actually told my 6th grader to his face that his mom needed counseling and so did he, this should never be appropriate to be said in front of or directly to a student. The principals don't have time for the kids or their issues and the students don't all feel like they have someone "safe" they can report bullying to or other issues of importance, the security guards on site seem to have the "I can't be bothered" attitude. The staff all seem to have the same attitude about kids coming to them with bullying issues. Teachers were more concerned with how and when they can punish a student rather than find the root cause of the problem. Teachers pass unfair judgment on certain students with special needs. My oldest has aged out of this school but my younger son is supposed to go back at the start of next year. I will put my now 7th grader in a new school if things do not change drastically.

Covington Middle School
11200 NE Rosewood Rd, Vancouver, WA  98662
Last modified Covington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Covington Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.