Vancouver, WA
Students enrolled: 1,881

Posted June 11, 2012
My daughter has excelled as a freshmen at this school. She had average grades in middle school, but once she entered Evergreen High her grades have jumped. Her violin abilities have become exceptional, she's done extremely well on the Evergreen swim team and made the varsity team (rare for a freshman). She just placed 36th on the National French Assessment test and she plans on trying for the Running Start (jr/sr years at the local community college). She now wants to pursue a career in Oceanography. I have a son entering Evergreen in the Fall. He wants to pursue aerospace engineering. I have full confidence that this school will well prepare him for that endeavor.

Posted September 17, 2009
I was a student at evergreen last year however i graduated. I am proud of my school and my district. i was homeless in my junior year and worked full time and went to school full time. with not having parents or relatives to ask for advice and help they stepped up and made sure i had all i needed.they went out of their way to help all of their students. in evergeen schools their student are responsibal for their education but their their to lead their students in education of life.

Posted February 04, 2009
This school is the worst one my daughter Elizabeth has ever went to but thats because she is smart. To all who have xhildren they love and want the best for do not send them to 'getto green' as my daughter calls it take them to union they are smart and will get your children on track for graduation. Selena Banks

Posted November 26, 2008
Excellent educational environment, up to date teaching methods and facilities.

Posted August 28, 2008
I graduated from Evergreen in 2005. I found the school to have its mix of excellent teachers and not so excellent teachers. Most of the teachers I had were great teachers. I learned a lot and they made it easy to learn and have fun. You could tell that some teachers were only there to coach athletics. Overall, it is the atmosphere that the students provide that dents the school's reputation. I did take advantage of the Running Start Program for both my junior and senior years to escape this atmosphere and further my education. Overall, Evergreen provided me with a great start to life and networking connections that will last a long time. I had some of the best teachers of my life at Evergreen HS (which says something as I am about to graduate WSUV with my Bachelors in Accounting).

Posted March 31, 2008
I started to go to this school in 06 i was a freshman at first i hated this school because of the remodel and construction this school was going thorugh but now i have fell in love with this school it has become my home and this is my last year at this school and i will make the best of it. I know that we have amazing teachers that will help you succeed in life and I have been so greatful to meet some of them the school looks amazing with its new remodel. The school does have cliques of sorts but everyone seems to get along just fine everyone finds a place to belong sadly I'm leaving this place and hopefully someone amazing takes it.

Evergreen High School 4

Posted April 24, 2007
I have a tenth grade student at Evergreen . The school is currently over-crowded - but - that will change in Fall 2007 - when a nearby high school ( Union ) opens. The school is ( almost) finished with the remodeling plan. When I compare it with 2 years ago - it looks AWESOME ! Evergreen has an excellent music program - both Band and Choir - a very good Theatre Department - and very involved students - there are many opportunities for students to be involved in after-school activities - such as Athletics and Clubs. Like any other High School on Earth - there are a few problems - such as thefts of personal items - and occasional fights among students - Evergreen has an excellent Security Staff - and - things are getting worked out - Evergreen is changing - and for the better !

Evergreen High School 3

Posted August 05, 2006
I think that the academic programs are the best part of this school. The parents of this school are very involved too. But the 'ugly' part of this school is the teacher quality and the student to teacher ratio. In 50% of my classes there were more then 38 students. Making it a challenge to learn.

Posted March 03, 2006
great school, wonderful marching band, great alternative education program.

Posted January 05, 2006
Tolerant, loose atmousphere in which all students have the freedom to work with teachers to design an individualized education. Very much in the spirit of the proud democratic union worker, very down home and personal. Not much attention paid to rules, details, just a good focus on the big picture:happy kids, happy parents, happy teachers, happy Vancouver

14300 NE 18th St, Vancouver, WA  98684
Last modified Evergreen High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top