Bad
Good

I have three kids that went through Fircrest. My oldest child had great teachers. My second child had a problem with a teacher who refused to help my child with bullies. My youngest has had a great experience except for one thing. Certain students have the task of taking the tub of lunches down to the cafeteria so when lunch time arrives they will be there. If that child FORGETS the kids who brought lunch sit there without lunch until they get back to the classroom. This has happened more than three times and I have complained. But nothing has changed. If I was an aide I would run get them, since no student is allowed to run get them, not one adult will help these kids out, which infuriates me. It would only take a couple minutes to get the lunches.

Excellent teachers and parent involvement. The principal does lack connection and leadership. Both my kids have done very well here and have had may great experiences.

Where do I begin... 1)there is a real lack of control in this school, especially at lunch time. The kids basically run the show at lunch! 2) One of the secretary's at the front office is always rude and never smiles. All I've ever seen her do is yell at the kids and be short and rude with parents. (But the other one, Diane, is WONDERFUL!) 3) So many of the kids at this school are so incredibley disrespectful towards each other and towards adults. 4) I've seen the bus drivers yelling and cursing at each other out in front of the school. 5) The amount of homework and difficulty of homework is ridiculous; they get homework only once a week and it is not challenging at all. My kindergartener is doing the same work as he did when he was in pre-school. The list goes on and on; however, I must say that the teachers that I have met this year have been helpful and nice. I am really looking forward to getting my children out of this school!

Fircrest is a great school because we are in the top 3 elementary's in the district. We get this rating due to the staff, students and parents all working together.

Fircrest is a fabulous school. I have been a Fircrest mom for about 10 years now. I am continually impressed by the teachers, the attitude, the counselors and the consistency. The school has a lot of community based activites put on by the PTO like movie nights, bingo and art showings. It really brings out neighbors and you see a lot of pride in parents' faces.

Last modified Fircrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.