Vancouver, WA
Before care: Yes

Fircrest Elementary School 3

Posted November 20, 2012
I have three kids that went through Fircrest. My oldest child had great teachers. My second child had a problem with a teacher who refused to help my child with bullies. My youngest has had a great experience except for one thing. Certain students have the task of taking the tub of lunches down to the cafeteria so when lunch time arrives they will be there. If that child FORGETS the kids who brought lunch sit there without lunch until they get back to the classroom. This has happened more than three times and I have complained. But nothing has changed. If I was an aide I would run get them, since no student is allowed to run get them, not one adult will help these kids out, which infuriates me. It would only take a couple minutes to get the lunches.

Posted June 12, 2012
Excellent teachers and parent involvement. The principal does lack connection and leadership. Both my kids have done very well here and have had may great experiences.

Fircrest Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
Where do I begin... 1)there is a real lack of control in this school, especially at lunch time. The kids basically run the show at lunch! 2) One of the secretary's at the front office is always rude and never smiles. All I've ever seen her do is yell at the kids and be short and rude with parents. (But the other one, Diane, is WONDERFUL!) 3) So many of the kids at this school are so incredibley disrespectful towards each other and towards adults. 4) I've seen the bus drivers yelling and cursing at each other out in front of the school. 5) The amount of homework and difficulty of homework is ridiculous; they get homework only once a week and it is not challenging at all. My kindergartener is doing the same work as he did when he was in pre-school. The list goes on and on; however, I must say that the teachers that I have met this year have been helpful and nice. I am really looking forward to getting my children out of this school!

Fircrest Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Fircrest is a great school because we are in the top 3 elementary's in the district. We get this rating due to the staff, students and parents all working together.

Fircrest Elementary School 5

Posted March 05, 2009
Fircrest is a fabulous school. I have been a Fircrest mom for about 10 years now. I am continually impressed by the teachers, the attitude, the counselors and the consistency. The school has a lot of community based activites put on by the PTO like movie nights, bingo and art showings. It really brings out neighbors and you see a lot of pride in parents' faces.

Posted June 02, 2006
My son has ADHD and can be a bit of a handful sometimes. In our old school, he was constantly being sent to the principal or sent home. At Fircrest, the teachers and the principal actually care about teaching my son. They work with him through his difficulties and never just send him home to be rid of him. A+ for this school.

Fircrest Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2004

Fircrest Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2004
My son is now in the 5th grade at Fircrest. He started in the middle of 3rd grade & it gets better all of the time. The teachers at Fircrest teach because they love to teach - and it shows each & every day. He is challenged daily in his learning, the teachers push the children further than they thought they could go. They do this in such a positive manner, the kids don't even realize how much harder they are working -- because learning is now fun. I cannot possibly say enough about this staff - absolutely the best there is.

Posted October 28, 2003

Fircrest Elementary School
12001 NE Ninth St, Vancouver, WA  98684
Last modified Fircrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fircrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top