Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My Son went to this school from head start to 5th grade. He was on a active IEP. In the 5 years he was there, I was told he was ADHD, and was placed in a behavior classroom. ( in Kindergarten) My son was not behavior, NOR did he have ADHD, he was bullied by the staff and student's. The Staff is petty, My student started 6th grade this last September with a 3rd grade learning ability, and has severe PTSD . I moved my Son out of this district, and am Thankful everyday, because, my Son now loves school, his self esteem is amazing. He no longer wants to die. He no longer fights me going to school ( within 6 months of being out of there and THERAPY ( because of this school, he needed it) his grades are A robotics, B+ for Math, B, for reading, B+ for writing, C for Science, B+ for IEP classroom, B for IEP classroom, and a C- for History.... Tell me again Evergreen School District that it was my student and I...

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My son was spit on, and they did nothing and the teacher bullies student himself.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Teachers are bullies, they worry more about being tough and Man up,

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

My son started 6th grade with a 3rd grade learning ability

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They allow students to be bullies, and teachers also.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are BULLY'S, AND MORE WORRIED ABOUT HAIRCUTS, AND being tough and manning up

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They are about testing levels, n and don't care about students

Our son has an IEP and attended Kindergarten last year and will be attending 1st Grade this year. We have never been happier with the amount of support our son gets. They have tailored his whole curriculum based on his strengths and weaknesses and it has been phenomenal. They are all about parent integration and it really feels like we're raising my son together. I can't thank the school enough for being so supportive!

Amount of homework: Disagree

The new no homework policy is not one I agree with, reinforcing learning at home is important.

I''ve had 4 children in this school. They LOVE IT and I LOVE IT! Mrs. Curtis is one of our favorite teachers and my son was fortunate enough to have her for both 2nd and 3rd grade. One of my children was on an IEP and the learning support team there is phenomenal. My child that performs above grade level is given more challenging work to suit his needs as well. The office staff is amazing, caring and the best I've seen! The only thing that I would not give 5 starts is the PTA, I attempted to participate only to find the long term members did not entrust tasks to newcomers without a great deal of involvement (or taking over completely) and the hurdles to get approval and communication was not worth my time. This was sad as I was expecting a better experience at such an amazing school. This year's PTA has only 2 members and I am not surprised. On to better reviews... the support staff there is also exceptional, Mr. Terri in particular is one that makes my kids look forward to school. I highly recommend Orchards!

Last modified Orchards Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.