Posted June 19, 2014
Just spent the whole day volunteering for end of year school wide field day. Is always a pleasure to be on Orchars school giving a helping hand. Staff are kind and respectful plus go out of their way to solve problems that arise.. Mrs. Brawley is doing an awesome job as principal this year and works very hard to make sure parents are invovled in their children's education and community. Thank you Orchards for welcoming my family with open arms this year. Ps staff vs 5th graders basketball was awesome to watch ;-)

Posted June 07, 2014
My children love going to school each day. Staff are friendly and helpful. They help the kids with more than just the basic reading, math, writting..they help the whole child.

Posted August 23, 2013
As a grandparent I am very impressed with ORCHARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I have been in and out of this school several times in the past year. I feel confident that the staff and everyone volunteering etc. are for the best interest of the students. I wish all schools gave you the confidence of safety that Orchards Elementary does. Not having children in public school for several years it is very reassuring to know that Orchards Elementary offers everything in a school that I would have wanted for my own children twenty plus years ago. This is extremely crucial in the world we live in today. Please continue to do what you are doing best and that is "WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING" Thank you,

Orchards Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2013
This school is the worst school I have ever seen. Teachers are rude. The staff is horrible. They talk to the kids with disrespect. The MUSIC teacher is the meanest of them all. Tried to sign my son up for sports or Crossing guard duties. She decided She had more right to my son then I did, Because doing other school activities are not as important as MUSIC. I can say that If I say my son can do something then he does it. We you talk to teachers or staff they are annoyed or over whelmed with that is going on around them. When you go in to the office to pick you kids up. You can actually see and hear how they talk to other students. I can't wait till the end of the school year to REMOVE my kids from this HORRIBLE school.

Posted March 01, 2013
We love Orchards and are very sad that we are moving away because we are afraid we won't find another school like it! We wish we could pick the school up & take it with us! Our son has attended Orchards for the past 2 years and we have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers and staff! We've had great communication with the teachers and principal, our son LOVES going to school every day and he is challenged with and is excelling with the academics! We love that we get a weekly handout that highlights their learning goals for each subject that week, including a section to ask any questions we might have or address concerns. And any time we have had to contact the teachers by phone, they have been very pleasant and happy to talk with us. I do think more parents need to be involved in their children's learning and school activities. We are actually shocked to see this low score for Orchards because it is an amazing, academically high-standard, fun environment! I hope everyone's kids can experience how awesome Orchards is and they will benefit greatly from attending this school!

Posted July 09, 2012
This school helped our very shy and very timid kindegartener become a bit more confident and self sufficient. Her teacher went out of the way to make sure our kindegartener felt safe and secure. The teacher is even moving up to first grade next year so our kid that does not do well with any kind of change will have the stability she needs. The staff are all very warm and friendly, everyone of them I ever had interaction with were helpful and always smiling. This school is great. This school year we only had one student enrolled next year we will have 2 and I'm excited that my 4 year old will be attending this school as well when he gets old enough. Teachers, staff, and even PTA members were a pleasure to deal with.

Posted June 15, 2011
This school has been amazing to my son he has learned so much this year the staff is very friendly and I have felt very comfortable with my son attending he will be there next year for sure.

Orchards Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
It has a great bunch of teachers and they care.

Orchards Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2009
The staff is very rude and disrepectful. The principal has no care for what the teachers act like towards the children which is defiently sub par behavior. If you are looking for a great school or for your child to stay long term DO NOT Look Here. Orchards is the worst school we have experienced in the evergreen school dist. Your child deserves more for education and this school is just not providing the education the children need. The reading and homework are so lacking it is sad as well as really getting there brains to work on projects it is also lacking. Orchards needs serious help and guidence from the other schools in the evergreen school dist. When will the dist see this school needs help on respect for parent envolvement, friendliness, openniss, teacher involvement, and extra activities. Which none are provided at this time.

Orchards Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
I have been very disappointed with this school. My daughter was able to read anything and yet the school insisted she spend her time doing ABC's. When I asked for school/homework at her actual level, they told me I needed to purchase it myself. The last 2 months of school they did not even have money for the copy machine, so students received no homework. My child was constantly sent to the office for silly things, like playing with a pencil or reading a book-this opressiveness caused frequent crying spells. Some of the teachers are overly agressive with the students-physically and emotionally. I was yelled at by a teacher for calling her at home to ask a question. The staff has literally chased me down the hall, screaming, apparently it is against the rules there to walk your child to the classroom. Notes of school events often arrive the same day.

Orchards Elementary School
11405 NE 69th St, Vancouver, WA  98662
Last modified Orchards Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchards Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.