Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our son has an IEP and attended Kindergarten last year and will be attending 1st Grade this year. We have never been happier with the amount of support our son gets. They have tailored his whole curriculum based on his strengths and weaknesses and it has been phenomenal. They are all about parent integration and it really feels like we're raising my son together. I can't thank the school enough for being so supportive!

Amount of homework: Disagree

The new no homework policy is not one I agree with, reinforcing learning at home is important.

I''ve had 4 children in this school. They LOVE IT and I LOVE IT! Mrs. Curtis is one of our favorite teachers and my son was fortunate enough to have her for both 2nd and 3rd grade. One of my children was on an IEP and the learning support team there is phenomenal. My child that performs above grade level is given more challenging work to suit his needs as well. The office staff is amazing, caring and the best I've seen! The only thing that I would not give 5 starts is the PTA, I attempted to participate only to find the long term members did not entrust tasks to newcomers without a great deal of involvement (or taking over completely) and the hurdles to get approval and communication was not worth my time. This was sad as I was expecting a better experience at such an amazing school. This year's PTA has only 2 members and I am not surprised. On to better reviews... the support staff there is also exceptional, Mr. Terri in particular is one that makes my kids look forward to school. I highly recommend Orchards!

Just spent the whole day volunteering for end of year school wide field day. Is always a pleasure to be on Orchars school giving a helping hand. Staff are kind and respectful plus go out of their way to solve problems that arise.. Mrs. Brawley is doing an awesome job as principal this year and works very hard to make sure parents are invovled in their children's education and community. Thank you Orchards for welcoming my family with open arms this year. Ps staff vs 5th graders basketball was awesome to watch ;-)

My children love going to school each day. Staff are friendly and helpful. They help the kids with more than just the basic reading, math, writting..they help the whole child.

As a grandparent I am very impressed with ORCHARD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I have been in and out of this school several times in the past year. I feel confident that the staff and everyone volunteering etc. are for the best interest of the students. I wish all schools gave you the confidence of safety that Orchards Elementary does. Not having children in public school for several years it is very reassuring to know that Orchards Elementary offers everything in a school that I would have wanted for my own children twenty plus years ago. This is extremely crucial in the world we live in today. Please continue to do what you are doing best and that is "WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING" Thank you,

This school is the worst school I have ever seen. Teachers are rude. The staff is horrible. They talk to the kids with disrespect. The MUSIC teacher is the meanest of them all. Tried to sign my son up for sports or Crossing guard duties. She decided She had more right to my son then I did, Because doing other school activities are not as important as MUSIC. I can say that If I say my son can do something then he does it. We you talk to teachers or staff they are annoyed or over whelmed with that is going on around them. When you go in to the office to pick you kids up. You can actually see and hear how they talk to other students. I can't wait till the end of the school year to REMOVE my kids from this HORRIBLE school.

We love Orchards and are very sad that we are moving away because we are afraid we won't find another school like it! We wish we could pick the school up & take it with us! Our son has attended Orchards for the past 2 years and we have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers and staff! We've had great communication with the teachers and principal, our son LOVES going to school every day and he is challenged with and is excelling with the academics! We love that we get a weekly handout that highlights their learning goals for each subject that week, including a section to ask any questions we might have or address concerns. And any time we have had to contact the teachers by phone, they have been very pleasant and happy to talk with us. I do think more parents need to be involved in their children's learning and school activities. We are actually shocked to see this low score for Orchards because it is an amazing, academically high-standard, fun environment! I hope everyone's kids can experience how awesome Orchards is and they will benefit greatly from attending this school!

This school helped our very shy and very timid kindegartener become a bit more confident and self sufficient. Her teacher went out of the way to make sure our kindegartener felt safe and secure. The teacher is even moving up to first grade next year so our kid that does not do well with any kind of change will have the stability she needs. The staff are all very warm and friendly, everyone of them I ever had interaction with were helpful and always smiling. This school is great. This school year we only had one student enrolled next year we will have 2 and I'm excited that my 4 year old will be attending this school as well when he gets old enough. Teachers, staff, and even PTA members were a pleasure to deal with.

This school has been amazing to my son he has learned so much this year the staff is very friendly and I have felt very comfortable with my son attending he will be there next year for sure.

Last modified Orchards Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.