Vancouver, WA

Posted April 25, 2014
Both my sons attended Riverview from Kindergarten to 5th grade. They had excellent teachers and were well prepared for middle school (rumor is the middle school teachers can tell who came from Riverview because of the high work ethic and good behavior of the Riverview students). The school is small (not as many portables as other schools in the district), so the lunchroom and playground are not chaotic.

Posted April 14, 2014
This is my daughters 3rd year attending Riverview and all three years have been such a great experience for her. She has had three great teachers and the school staff is out standing. All of her teachers have great communication with me through out the school year. I love this school and neighborhood.

Riverview Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2012
THIS REVIEW IS FOR FRONT OFFICE STAFF ONLY We haven't been at the school long enough to rate other areas. However, since the performance of the front office staff is the direct responsibility of the principal I have rated the leadership very low. After numerous encounters the front office staff (not necessarily all) have been unfailingly and consistently unhelpful and cold, bordering on outright rude. Every inquiry is a chore - heaven help you if what you need actually requires one of them to actually stand up (like providing a form, etc.) My concern is that if the expectations for the front office staff are so low and the performance not monitored (the principal's office is directly connected to the front office) then how is monitoring of teacher performance different.

Riverview Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2012
This is my children's first year at Riverview. They have been in private school since preschool but I allowed them to stay with their dad this year & he lives in the district. My first experience was getting a volunteer form so I could help in the kids classes on Fridays. I filled it out turned it in & never heard from anyone. The front desk/office staff were cold & unhelpful. I got the impression that I was keeping them from more important things. I actually stood their waiting for roughly 10 minutes before one of the women asked, "is there something you need"? More in a way of "are you just gonna stand there & listen to our conversation"? Do you need some sort of credentials to be in the building? when I tried to use the restroom one of the women yelled at me and asked me where I was going. When I told her she replied irritably "use the one on the right". Do you need a hall pass? Communication is almost nonexisitant, my kids are not challanged academically, and were in Excell classes in private school. I'm hurt that the kids will be leaving their new friends but glad that they'll be back at their old school. It's like family there! I see now just just good it was.

Riverview Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2012
My daughter is in kindergarten at Riverview. I am very happy with her teacher who is new this year. I volunteered the other day and many of the students in her class are reading and spelling above grade level. The principal has been very responsive when I have been contact with her. I am thankful with cuts in other school districts that Riverview students still have music, PE and library classes.

Riverview Elementary School 2

Posted March 29, 2011
Overall I am a bit dissapointed by Riverview. My daughter is in third grad and her previous school consistantly gave out homework. She has had some homework since first grade every week. I understand the budget cuts have forced the district to cut the hours of instruction, however the education can and should continue at home to give the children the structure of having independant responsibilities. At a minimum, for their 1/2 day they should have some academics to take home to continue to improve. I can only imagine what this practice would do for the overall test scores if the children did have to pracitic what they learned at home as well. I would not recommend this school to parents looking for a new school.

Posted January 31, 2011
My daughter is in her second year at Riverview and looks forward to school every day. Her teachers have been excellent and have found ways to challenge her that are targeted to her specific needs and abilities. She is currently performing above grade level in most subjects and has really come out of her shell. Family involvement is encouraged and good citizenship is emphasized. Older children in the school are kind to my child. Riverview has been a great place for my child to start her academic journey.

Riverview Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2010
This is the first year my child has attended this school. The teachers seem nice and professional. The principal has always been pleasant and kind, but the front office staff is horrible. I've been helped (if you want to call it that) by the front office staff several times this year and every time has been a bad experience. The staff members are very grouchy and rude. Their knowledge is quite limited and they seem like it's a hassle to have to answer any question that you may have. We always got a warm greeting at the last school my child attended. The staff was always eager to help and if they didn't know the answer they would make sure they found it for you. You could tell they loved their job. This school ,on the other hand, act like it's a prison sentence to be there. I'm greatly disappointed.

Posted February 08, 2010
This is a fantastic school! class sizes are small, teachers are excited and postive, the the principal is caring and involved. Most of all an environment of learning is totally fostered at this school. My child is not teased or ignored, she is given the attention she wants and needs and the kids are taught to be friendly and repsectful not only of their teachers but of each other as well. My daughter is excited to get up every day and go to school here, and happy when she comes home. In contrast she recently attended another school in the district with a supposed higher rating for some extra curricular activities and the kids were snobbish and mean to her.

Posted September 16, 2009

Riverview Elementary School
12601 SE Riverridge Dr, Vancouver, WA  98684
Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top