Bad
Good

Posted April 21, 2015
Both of my daughters went through Sifton. Angie Mitchell is one of the most caring principals I have ever met! Here relationship with the students and parents is amazing. My girls absolutely loved her. During our time at Sifton, the teachers proved to be committed to what can be a challenging clientele, their commitment to each students success never waivered. This school is achieving more with less than any other school in the evergreen school district, the staff if 5 star!!

Sifton Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
This school was awful. I placed my daughter in this school in 2009 and she was here for 3 years. In that time my daughter continued to fall further and further behind, when I asked for them to place her in a special program that would best fit her needs they refused, all they wanted was to push ADHD down my throat, even though she had been diagnosed with something completely different by 2 doctors. After 5th grade I placed her in a Vancouver School district middle school found out they had written in her IEP that she had ADHD, after a long debate with the new school she has been placed in the appropriate class and has brought all her grades up and is now at grade level. This was all accomplished in 4 months. Something Sifton could not do in 3 years.

Sifton Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My experience with the school is just great !! Love the teachers , principal all the staff makes you feel great ! It's just like an extension of your family ., always trying to help your kid to be successful ; two of my kids strutted there since kindergarten and the third one started on third grade , they help him to feel good ! I just have to say thank you Sifton staff !

Posted September 11, 2013
SIFTON ELEMENTARY My wife and I sent our son and daughter to Sifton upon the recommendation of close relatives who's children attended Sifton from Kindergarten on up to graduation. Both of our children have now attended Sifton since Kindergarten and the oldest is in 4th grade now. They love going to school at Sifton and we hear nothing but good from them about their teachers and classmates! Not a single complaint about bullying. My kids amaze us with how much they are learning and how excited they are about their what they are learning! I have volunteered at Sifton during various outings and also attended parent teacher student days and movie nights and had a chance to personally see teacher-student interaction. I am very impressed with the personal care the teachers give students. The students are calm, respectful and orderly and the teachers very much have a relaxed demeanor while maintaining their students clear attention. The kids obviously love and respect their teachers and enjoy being at school! I attended only private schools all the way through college and Sifton is certainly a breath of fresh air that reminds me of my good old days of the classroom! John Cothran

Posted February 12, 2013
I love this school!!! This is my daughter's first year here & I am amazed by this school. They teachers are excellent, the staff is fabulous & they have tons of fun events put on by the PTA all year long to be involved in. I have seen a positively huge difference in my daughters grades & spirit since moving to this school :)

Posted March 11, 2010
I love this school! The staff is great! I have four children there now and they all have great teachers! The teachers work very hard and it shows! I am thankful for such a great school for my kids to attend!

Posted September 26, 2009
The Evergreen School District has severely cut their staffing budget for the year 2009-2010. Even though they had the cuts, my students and I love this school. My son goes to the learning assist classroom for help and has greatly improved in many areas. He has had the same aide in the learning help class for 3 years now and that is uncommon and she is exceptional, like many staff at Sifton.

Posted July 27, 2009
My son went here. He is now in 7 th grade. They were wonderful. He has a learning disability and the teachers were great, understanding and really made him achieve his goals. As a parent my questions were always answered and they were very easy to work with. Love this school.

Posted January 27, 2009
Sifton just lets the children pass on through grade after grade. I removed my children from Sifton and put them in a different district only to find that they were 2 grades behind....yet in all Sifton's report cards and parent teacher conferences all was great. You really don't know how good/bad a school is until you have another to compare it to. I feel having my children at Sifton would put my children at a great disadvantage.

Posted November 21, 2008
We have a grown daughter that attended Sifton and felt it was a very good school. We had moved and recently returned with our younger children and have been very pleased with the attention and education our children are receiving at Sifton. The teachers and staff are very professional.

7301 Ne 137th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98682
Last modified Sifton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.