Vancouver, WA

Posted October 22, 2014
Silver Star is an amazing community of supportive staff! They are always open to supporting parents and students! The staff all want the very best for our students that attend Silver Star. State testing scores don't do this school justice. The tests are just a glimpse of one day of testing. It is what students are learning year round and how they can comprehend their learning that counts! That state test is just a small snapshot!

Posted September 26, 2013
my school is people friendly ,they are very kind to my child .What I like about silver star is ,when I walk into the office the people there treat you like family.. The only thing they should change is the barbecue in the beginning of the year should be free.

Posted June 13, 2013
I love this school and the staff is awesome! I've had NO problems at all with the school or the staff. I was on the PTA this last year and it was great! Glad my oldest is going into 1st grade next year and I have 2 more that will go through this school too!!

Posted November 15, 2011
Today, it is relatively impossible to properly evaluate an institution's level of impact that it has onto its students from its progressive teaching efforts and the combine collective offered programs. I'm a member of the Class of 1991. My Success Story: My mom started me a year late for she did not think I was ready. A main factor here was that nobody at home spent even a sizable amount of time with me reviewing the pre-kindergarden requirements. I did not have all of my ABCs memorized. Starting from Kindergarden I was provided EXCELLENT instruction, PROPER encouragement, SUPPORTIVE guidance, and ABUNDANCE of literature to take home, which made the task of learning FUN for me and EASY for my parents - especially after working. The material however WAS challenging to ensure progress. In grades First through Fifth, I attended a program offered to those having difficulty reading. That program was called "Chapter One." This program not only got me up to speed but surpassed fellow classmates. I went from struggling to read with no guidance to being a Financial Analyst producing the financial annuals for the Boeing 777 line and manage a budge of $1091 Million, $281 Million ann.

Silver Star Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
Silver Star has been a excellent school for my daughter. She is currently in the 2nd grade and reading at a 4th grade level. Her teachers have all been wonderful. Let's be honest - in this day and age sending your child to school isn't enough and parents need to be involved and challenge their kids at home as well. All in all, Silver Star is doing a great job!

Posted May 21, 2010
My son started this year 2009- 2010 in Kindergarden with Mrs Magistrale and she is the best teacher a student could ever have. She is so patient with each and every child, she cares so much about everyone of them and with such a hectic schedule this year she has a smile on her face everyday. You can tell when a teacher really cares about her students and she truely does....I am so sad that Dylan will be leaving to advance to 1st grade, but will be able to see her everyday.

Silver Star Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
This school shows NO respect for my child in any way. I would never recommend this school to any parent!

Posted June 18, 2008

Silver Star Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2008
I have two children at this school, a second grader and a fourth grader. I think this school has an excellent teaching staff and principal. They all know my family and the atmosphere is very friendly. There's a moderate amount of parent involvement, some very involved and others not. The kindergarten through third grade instruction is top notch. The staff did an excellent job, especially in reading instruction.

Posted December 15, 2007

Silver Star Elementary School
10500 NE 86th St, Vancouver, WA  98662
Last modified Silver Star Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Star Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top