Vancouver, WA

Posted November 11, 2014
If it were possible to rate the school with a zero star I would. We have a child with a 504 in place which the school is not adhering to. I have personally sat with the Asst. principal and discussed my concerns and also offered my support should my child be the cause of any problem. The below reviews are correct, the teachers have no control over the class, kids ARE labeled, and singled out. In fact my child just finished a half hour crying spell because he is scared to go back because he is bullied on a daily basis with NO support from staff AT ALL. A child should NEVER be afraid to go to school and I would be more than willing to get together with other parents having similar issues and take these concerns to the Washington State School Board. The last school my child was in (Riverview), he blossomed and was among one of the more well liked students by the teachers, he was on safety patrol and was excited about school. We are only a few months into the school year and already he has become a "target" for multiple students because they know the teachers will do nothing about it. If you care for your child I pray you will not send them here.

Posted September 25, 2014
Wy'east is a barely operating school with below average students and well below average teachers and principals. The highest achieving kids are not placed in classrooms based on their ability, they are placed in below average rooms so they can "bring up the bottom 90%". There is nearly zero parent involvement and zero communication to the parents. There are no newsletters, no email communications and if parents can afford to move to a better school, they do.

Posted April 25, 2014
Even though it has a large number of students, I feel my children still get individual attention and tailored learning. Love the fact that there are lots of choir and band opportunities still for middle schoolers (so many other middle schools outside this district have eliminated these options). Also are trying to offer accelerated math options.

Posted April 04, 2014
I would like to speak to all who have had labeling targeting and bullying issues. Is there a way for us to all get a communication type group I need help my son is suffering and no matter what the teachers and faculty keep targeting him. We can only help each other in numbers. CONCERNED MOM

Wyeast Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2014
I have had all 3 of my kids go through this school. The major problem is they label kids horribly! My 3rd child has been a difficult kid with his ADHD diganosis things have been better for him. My other issue is the hardly ever getting a call back from various people, tryingI have needed to talk to about my students. If I could move away from the school and district I totally would! I am even thinki ng about home schooling just to get away from here!

Posted October 03, 2013
this school was a non helpful and extremly unsatisfactory i was not only bullied but i was also harrassed about how long my hair was but towards the end of the year it got worse i was threatened because i would not CARRY some one ELSE'S bag no teacher or staff member would even try helping me i could even tell some teachers were even scared of thier students

Posted November 01, 2010
The Teachers and Staff are so caring and only want the best for the children. The Teachers treat the children with respect and enforce the school rules!

Posted December 19, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009

Wyeast Middle School 3

Posted July 14, 2009

Wyeast Middle School
1112 SE 136th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98683
Last modified Wyeast Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wyeast Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top