Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Children with disabilities are being pushed through even if they are not passing or their needs are not being met.

This school is poorly managed. Teachers have no control over classrooms, the principal looks unprofessional. I believe that Evergreen School district does not have the children at the top of their list. This district protects non efficient teachers and staff. There are no books for the kids unless they are in a accelerated class or classes that count for high school credits. Most of the work they get are worksheets and booklets that are thrown away at the end of section they are working on. These worksheets and booklets have the bare minimum in them with little to no repetition for the children to grasp concepts in addition to that the children that disrupt the classes are able to distract the teacher enough that the children that want to learn are not able to do so because legally the teachers can do nothing. We have a huge social problem with children being under educated due to the broken education system. Unless this has been done intentionally to create a labor force in the U.S. The school system is in pieces and no one is seeing the big picture.

Develops character: Disagree

It was what I viewed and heard on my visits to the school. What other parents were sharing with me about their child and issues they were facing with the school.

What I viewed as a parent was disappointment and a great concern for the welfare of my grandson as well as the other children.I viewed students sitting in the hall for whatever reason. Name calling and bullying took place while my grandson attended this school. He would not eat his lunch in the cafeteria for fear of the bullying he had to experience all year. These issues were brought to the principles attention and we're blown off as if nothing was going on. If your thinking of placing your child here you will need to be on top of everything and only you can be the voice and advocate for your child. Good luck!!

If it were possible to rate the school with a zero star I would. We have a child with a 504 in place which the school is not adhering to. I have personally sat with the Asst. principal and discussed my concerns and also offered my support should my child be the cause of any problem. The below reviews are correct, the teachers have no control over the class, kids ARE labeled, and singled out. In fact my child just finished a half hour crying spell because he is scared to go back because he is bullied on a daily basis with NO support from staff AT ALL. A child should NEVER be afraid to go to school and I would be more than willing to get together with other parents having similar issues and take these concerns to the Washington State School Board. The last school my child was in (Riverview), he blossomed and was among one of the more well liked students by the teachers, he was on safety patrol and was excited about school. We are only a few months into the school year and already he has become a "target" for multiple students because they know the teachers will do nothing about it. If you care for your child I pray you will not send them here.

Wy'east is a barely operating school with below average students and well below average teachers and principals. The highest achieving kids are not placed in classrooms based on their ability, they are placed in below average rooms so they can "bring up the bottom 90%". There is nearly zero parent involvement and zero communication to the parents. There are no newsletters, no email communications and if parents can afford to move to a better school, they do.

Even though it has a large number of students, I feel my children still get individual attention and tailored learning. Love the fact that there are lots of choir and band opportunities still for middle schoolers (so many other middle schools outside this district have eliminated these options). Also are trying to offer accelerated math options.

I would like to speak to all who have had labeling targeting and bullying issues. Is there a way for us to all get a communication type group I need help my son is suffering and no matter what the teachers and faculty keep targeting him. We can only help each other in numbers. CONCERNED MOM

I have had all 3 of my kids go through this school. The major problem is they label kids horribly! My 3rd child has been a difficult kid with his ADHD diganosis things have been better for him. My other issue is the hardly ever getting a call back from various people, tryingI have needed to talk to about my students. If I could move away from the school and district I totally would! I am even thinki ng about home schooling just to get away from here!

this school was a non helpful and extremly unsatisfactory i was not only bullied but i was also harrassed about how long my hair was but towards the end of the year it got worse i was threatened because i would not CARRY some one ELSE'S bag no teacher or staff member would even try helping me i could even tell some teachers were even scared of thier students

Last modified Wyeast Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.