Vancouver, WA

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter is in the 2nd grade. I have really enjoyed Pioneer for the last few years. I volunteer in my daughters class so I am pretty familiar with everything. The principal Jenni is fantastic! Most of the teachers seem great as well. My daughter loves Pioneer. My complaints would be that the smarter kids are not challenged enough because the teachers and helpers are having to spend so much time with the kids that are behind, therefore, the smarter kids do not have a chance to excel above their capabilities. Excel classes are offered once you reach 2nd grade, but a parent has to request their child be tested. The pick up time of day seems a little chaotic and makes me nervous, kids could almost go with anybody. The drop off in the morning is annoying, they do not let the kids walk through the office because the classrooms have outside doors all around the building, yet last yr my daughter's class didn't have an outside door and she was told to use another classroom door. If you want to make sure your child enters the building safely you have to follow them all the way to their outside door! No easy drop offs here! They are strict about where you can park to drop off as well.

Pioneer Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2013
I have 4 kids that have attended Pioneer for the last 9 years & we have loved every minute of it! We have had fabulous teachers that have turned my kids into avid readers and capable mathematicians with above grade level capabilities. My kids love going to school. The scores for this school are low, but everything is available at this school to be successful, outstanding teachers and an awesome principal, Jenni Roberts, do your part at home and you will thrive here.

Pioneer Elementary School 5

Posted October 30, 2007
We have been at Pioneer now for 6yrs. We currently have children in 1st and 5th. Pioneer is an amazing school that strives to give the children the best education and support possible. The teachers are easy to communicate with and love parents that like to be envolved in their child's education. We have truly been blessed to be with Pioneer and Holly Meyers the current Principal.

Posted October 17, 2007

Pioneer Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2005
My daughter likes Pioneer. She was there for Kindergarten, 4th and now 5th grades. The classes go to specialists in Music and PE twice a week, Library once a week. Art is included well in the curriculum. Reading has been emphasized the last few years, and the test scores show that. I think the school is improving. There are challenges for the teachers: many non-English speaking students, parents who never come to conferences, and some overcrowding. (Although that is better since the district built York.)One of the teachers won the Milken Nation Award, one of only 2 teachers in Washington State for the year 2004. Most of the teachers are experienced. The dress code is fairly strict for a public school and there are strict rules on the playground and in the cafeteria. Discipline has improved since my daughter went there in Kindergarten. An active PTA holds many events.

Posted May 06, 2004

Pioneer Elementary School
7212 NE 166th Ave, Vancouver, WA  98682
Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top