Vancouver, WA

Posted March 26, 2015
Hearthwood is a welcoming and friendly school. I have a son who has gone there the last two years and really enjoys it there. -Karma

Posted August 31, 2011
The teachers and the staff are the best. My son is doing very well there. The school has a very active PTA and the after school activites are fun for the kids and parents.

Posted April 18, 2010
It helps my daughter just love the school, great teachers.

Hearthwood Elementary School

Posted November 03, 2009
Love the staff here! The school also has a great community feel with an active PTA & community Volunteers.

Posted March 16, 2009
Our daughter loves school and is flourishing at Hearthwood. I can't say enough about the school, particularly Mrs. Kastine's Kindergarten class. KIDS program is fantastic!

Posted December 06, 2008
The staff at Hearthwood works hard to make sure that there is something for every child. They have high academic standards and put kids first when it comes to instruction and learning.

Posted August 20, 2005
I was very impressed with the strict and quick responses to anti bullying issues. If there was a problem it was nippeded in the butt immediately..kudos to the principal for keeping everyone happy. Her smile was contagous and set the atmoshere of the day for everyone.

Posted June 18, 2005
Hearthwood is a wonderful school. The teachers are very patient and caring. The principal cares about the kids and is willing to listen to the parents suggestions and concerns. The class room sizes are not too big either so the kids get the one on one attention they need. I would recommend this school to many.

Posted May 17, 2005
The big strength of Hearthwood is the community involvement, there a lot of parents that volunteer and make the school experience better for the kids. My son has been there for 4 years and had 2 great teachers and 2 not-so-great teachers. Both of the principals that have been there have been very good.

Posted August 13, 2003
I had 2 kids attending Hearthwood until we moved away in 2001. In general I think the school is a good school and I also enjoy the parent involvement; I think parent involvement is important at any school their child attends. I love the BBQ days where parents can come and have lunch with their child anytime. I always loved seeing the smile on our kids's face when they saw us coming in. The teachers were mostly friendly, however I feel some of the school work was hard and overwhelming. My son was in kindergarten and was doing some hard work that even I never did at that age. He was more than ready for kindergarten, as he went to Headstart for 2 yrs, but he often struggled and even cried at times because he didn't want to go back to school the next day. My 3rd grade daughter was bringing packets of homework home each week and didn't understand somethings to. I just think this school is too hard on these kids and it makes alot of kids struggle because of it. But besides the school work and strict teachers, I loved the activities and parent involvement this school had to offer.

Hearthwood Elementary School
801 NE Hearthwood Blvd, Vancouver, WA  98684
Last modified Hearthwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hearthwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top