Vancouver, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 22, 2014
The principal - Darcy Mitchelson - is absolutely AMAZING! Any school would be lucky to have her! I've also been impressed with the Speech Therapist, the Occupational Therapist and the school psychologist. Top rate, caring people.

Posted February 13, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this school! The teachers are so nice and truly care about their students. The principal goes above and beyond for her students.

Posted November 08, 2013
Teachers are great and keep in great communication. School has great programs and the newer principal has nothing but the kids in mind. This school has turned around a great deal. My kindergartener has made huge leaps in knowledge and he was doing really well before he enrolled.

Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My kids are in 2nd and 4th grade and have attended BBC since kindergarten. Both of my kids for the most part have had great teachers that have went above and beyond to help my child succeed. My youngest child's teacher has even attended a few baseball and football games outside of school time to see him play! The last 2 years we have had a new principal that has been great so far!

Posted January 31, 2010
My children started going to BBC in October of 2009. This school has been a positive change for them as they love the teachers and really enjoy going everyday. They are doing an excellent job and their grades have improved dramatically. I highly recommend this school to all.

Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2008
My child is in 4th grade and has gone to this school since Kindergarten. He is gifted and is shipped off to another school for the Excel program once a week. However, a neighbor of mine has a child who needed desperate help with reading and she was put in a special program at BBC and within a year was right up there with all her peers. Amazing improvement! She also needed help with math and they put her in some kind of a program that worked on her large motor skills and hand-eye coordination, which I guess helps work a similar portion of the brain (I think that was the reasoning?). Anyway, my point is, whether gifted or needing support, I have seen it taken care of at BBC. I am very comfortable having my child attend.

Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2007
My experience has been similar. Children who test well or test below average get the attention they need to be successful. The average child who may be struggling, but needs a little more help can easily get lost in the crowd.

Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School 3

Posted October 15, 2007
My daughter has attended this school for a couple of months now. She is bright, but has a hard time staying on task and paying attention. Rather then working with me to help address this issue, the teacher is too busy trying to direct a packed classroom, and she falls through the cracks. The average child and children that test really well do great here. Children who have a harder time keeping an interest aren't met half way; rather they're told to hurry up. BBC really needs to address this issue.

Posted December 20, 2004
This is just a great school! The school teaches kids basic life school - show respect, do your personal best, follow direction, cooperate. They involve the families and have a good volunteer base. While working in the classroom I see an unbelievable amount of education happening. I would recommend this school to anyone. I believe it is just as good as any private school.

Posted December 01, 2004

Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School
14619a NE 49th St, Vancouver, WA  98682
Last modified Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnt Bridge Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top