Bad
Good

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted January 21, 2015
It is nearly impossible to be a volunteer in that school. They have a way to do things and they won't change their ways. I was there to volunteer this morning and I was turned away simply because the teacher was not prepared to have me in class. We have tried to get a PTA going but the principal has not had a chance to organize it. There's a high population of poor kids and parents that don't speak English. I am very dissatisfied with this school.

Columbia Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2014
We have had a great experience with This school and its staff. This is our second elementary school in the Wenatchee school district and our children have excelled at Columbia thanks to the principal and staff

Posted June 20, 2014
Two of my children went to this school for the 2013-2014 school year. Their ages 17, 12, 9, 9. I was employed with Eastmont School District from 2006-2013. I have many years of experience and background in Special Education. Three of my children are successful academically and behaviorally. One child has ADHD and a behavior disorder called Opposition Defiant Disorder. He was on a 504 plan at Eastmont. His behavior disorder interfered with his learning. I informed Columbia from the very start. They ignored my warnings until they didn't know how to handle my son. They called me and informed me he was on a step 4, which means the student has to go home. I reminded them that he has been diagnosed and needs the support of a 504. I went to a series of meetings and when they presented me with a 504...it was a skeleton. Nothing on it applied to his ODD. It only addressed the ADHD and even then it very generalized. I didn't sign it. The next thing I know, the school is calling me everyday telling me to pick my son up for behaviors. They sent him home for a week on emergency expulsion and he had to finish out the year on half days...why? He ran and hid..no threats no violence.

Posted June 20, 2014

Columbia Elementary School 5

Posted April 20, 2011
We have a third grader at Columbia Elementary who has received individualized attention from highly qualified, passionate teachers and is thriving among a diverse student body. The principal is dynamic, driven and committed to whole student success, not just academics. The music teacher is unbelievably enthusiastic and effective at drawing students out of themselves. Teachers put in copious time outside of regular hours to offer enrichment opportunities and compensate for life factors that might otherwise interfere with learning. When judging parent involvement, recognize that this is a neighborhood where parents very often work long hours to make ends meet, and the time they commit is precious. We have seen overwhelming attendance and participation by parents, many of whom are first-generation Americans striving for the dream and committed to the best education possible for their children. We have found teachers and administration to more than match our energy and attentiveness.

Posted July 19, 2009
Class size is poor, expectations of students is poor. Limited music, art and storts offered

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted July 03, 2008
I totally concur with the first review of this school - and the entire district. My children languished in these schools, and were often in trouble and forced to sit in corners for hours and hours on end. Individuality is discouraged, and there are even imposed dress codes that make absolutely no sense at all. Add the extremely high crime rate and ghetto-ness of the entire area, and most hope is lost to the young victims. My children came to Western Washington a full two years behind academically, and at least that socially, as well. Fast forward to now: My children now get straight A's and are well adjusted and college-bound. If you truly value your children's future, you will do whatever you have to do to stay away from the Wenatchee Valley.

Columbia Elementary School
600 Alaska St, Wenatchee, WA  98801
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top