PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I want to start by saying that I follow the Lord and am a teacher myself (although not in WA anymore). I had a sibling and knew a few other students who attended this school when I lived in Wenatchee. The blather and discipline style taken by teachers and administration (in the instances I have witnessed) does not reflect Christian values. I do believe that the students are academically challenged and education is taken very seriously. But, at the same time I fear the school spends too much time trying to create the molded "Christian." The students need a broader perspective and to explore their faith and education with a more holistic approach. The students need to be challenged, not sheltered!

I am a teacher and a parent at The River Academy. My husband and I are so thankful to send our sons to a school Truth, Goodness and Beauty, as defined by God's Word, are taught in every class. It is such a blessing for our kids to spend their day with children from other families who share our beliefs and values. We feel this creats the IDEAL environment for learning. Hearing the students sing Psalms and hymns each morning makes my heart sing for joy! I can't think of anywhere I'd rather go to work each day.

This is a loving and Christ centered community that promotes the development of Godly character and habits of lifelong learning. The teachers are loving, invested and strive for a rich learning experience; we are so thankful for them.

Last modified The River Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12