PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

The River Academy 2

Posted January 23, 2012
I want to start by saying that I follow the Lord and am a teacher myself (although not in WA anymore). I had a sibling and knew a few other students who attended this school when I lived in Wenatchee. The blather and discipline style taken by teachers and administration (in the instances I have witnessed) does not reflect Christian values. I do believe that the students are academically challenged and education is taken very seriously. But, at the same time I fear the school spends too much time trying to create the molded "Christian." The students need a broader perspective and to explore their faith and education with a more holistic approach. The students need to be challenged, not sheltered!

Posted October 02, 2009
I am a teacher and a parent at The River Academy. My husband and I are so thankful to send our sons to a school Truth, Goodness and Beauty, as defined by God's Word, are taught in every class. It is such a blessing for our kids to spend their day with children from other families who share our beliefs and values. We feel this creats the IDEAL environment for learning. Hearing the students sing Psalms and hymns each morning makes my heart sing for joy! I can't think of anywhere I'd rather go to work each day.

Posted March 03, 2009
This is a loving and Christ centered community that promotes the development of Godly character and habits of lifelong learning. The teachers are loving, invested and strive for a rich learning experience; we are so thankful for them.

Posted February 28, 2005
The River Academy has been a gift and a blessing for my family. I wanted very much to find a school where I knew my kids would face POSITIVE peer pressure to accel acedemically and to chose right over wrong. This school is that place. The elementary history and Bible programs are wonderful. Using Veritas Press Curriculum the teachers at the River make memorizing history and Bible facts and timelines fun. The kids love it. Many, maybe most, parents of students at TRA are highly involved in the school. This is encouraged. The students show the results. I highly reccommend The River Academy for Christian parents who are deeply invested in their children's education and want an excellent, Christ centered edcuation for their child.

The River Academy