West Richland, WA

Tapteal Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2015
The school constantly sends my first grader home with last minute event notifications. By last minute, I mean the night of the event. There was a book reading flyer sent home in late January asking the children to read books over Christmas break for a reading contest. I attended the father son breakfast this year and the flyer contained wrong information. In fact the flyer conflicted with what was posted on gymnasium door that morning for breakfast. The online math program distributed at the beginning of the year was not the appropriate level for a first grader and when I explained this in the first parent teacher conference, she stated the school switched to another online program, which was never sent out to parents. These are a few of the numerous examples of poor planning and lack of attention to detail on the school's part. If you want to improve the school, start having everyone take personal accountability for their jobs. This begins at the top. The principal needs to set the standard and enforce the standard.

Tapteal Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school my two kids have attend 2 year there and they love it. Teacher are wonderful , keep up the good work.

Tapteal Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2010
First time dealing with the schools and would like to consider myself pro-active and highly motivated towards success. I was there the day of open enrollment and completed all paperwork promptly with all information that was required. I am discouraged, however, by the lack of communication and the lack of detail that this particular school has. I did not recieve any information about the classes, teachers, assessments ect. until I went in today and asked questions. The mood and attitude was very condescending. There is no real care for special needs children, or respect of the inquiring family. Upon finding out the reason why I received no information in the mail, it was evident that the staff weighs more on assuming verses following through. Instead of a smooth transition , it has progressed to a dreadful beginning. In the real world of occupations this would not have been acceptable or tolerated.

Posted December 07, 2009
What a 'great school'!!! I really like how the teachers pay attention to the students, working on the weaknesses and applauding the strengths. I am glad my child is here and getting such a solid education.

Posted September 16, 2009
A wonderful, caring staff that has been outstanding to work with.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great neighborhood school. Granddaughter loves kindergarten and her teacher.

Tapteal Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2008
I think that the staff and principal should be more serious and treat the parents more respectful and listen to the parents when their children have disabilities especially if the child receives SSI and the school will not provide a 504 plan for them. They also seem to keep losing the excuse notes i provide them from the specialist and doctors for the appointments my son has to go to for his disabilities. Sincerely Heather R.

Posted August 13, 2008
I have seen several elementary schools over my 4 childrens careers (and our several moves). We love Tapteal. The kids really love how involved the staff is and all the extra activities that are available. I love how my children enjoy school there. I also love the fact that every time I walk into the school, the staff are always positive, cheerful and honestly look like they really enjoy their job and the children they work with. We have seen many schools where numbers were the prime motivation for the staff (California is horrible for this) and we found that Tapteal truly cares for the childs progress not just as a number but on a personnel level.

Posted September 22, 2005
Tapteal is a great school in a diverse neighborhood. Students come from a variety of backgrounds and the diversity contributes to the positive learning environment. The PTA is exceptionally involved in the school, contributing to its success through significant finanical donations, activities, fundraisers and classroom support programs. Tapteal has some of the most dedicated teachers in the district. Many have been there for over ten years. Ongoing education and process improvement programs have been implemented and the schools WASL scores are climbing. The school has many unique opportunities for students including a clubs for technology, a student newspaper, orchestra, a steel drum band, circus club and other activities. This is truly a great school in a wonderful community.

705 North 62nd Ave, West Richland, WA  99353
Last modified Tapteal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tapteal Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top