Woodinville, WA

Kokanee Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
Kokanee is a great school with a very dedicated staff. The principal and teacher work hard to support students every day and do little things to make my child feel special. I have been pleased with the school and the leadership thus far.

Kokanee Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2013
Unfortunately the school has gone downhill and district officials ,including the principal, act like Kokanee needs to be "fixed." The excellent teachers go far to make up for it and the PTA is top-notch. The school is overcrowded and while the district is planning to build a new high school in several years to help with general overcrowding, the short term plan is only to add portable after portable and that is still not enough to accommodate those living in the Kokanee service area. Some incoming kindergartners have to be bused to other schools starting next year, with a vague promise to bring them back to Kokanee for first grade. The sense of community we have enjoyed for years has sadly diminished.

Posted October 04, 2011
The school had a warm welcome atmosphere from the office, principal to the custodian. My child was new to this school, so this is very helpful and I was impressed with this school performance. It was diverse and cultural respected. The teachers were enthusiastic and adapted great teaching models.

Posted September 01, 2011
We have had a great experience with Kokanee and with first grade; I have helped in the room in that class two years in a row and I see a teacher keeping rowdy kids in line. (I have two boys, so I know all about rowdy.) Both my kids came out of first grade strong readers and with a respect for their teachers. The principal is great and would definitely take action if necessary. Every teacher we have encountered at Kokanee (whether classroom or specialist) is great. I went to 12 years of private school so I was really nervous about sending my kids to public school. Boy was I surprised! Kokanee is definitely more capable than the private school option we were looking at. The staff seems to genuinely care and goes the extra mile. Class sizes have been good so far.

Kokanee Elementary School 1

Posted June 14, 2011
Multiple parents throughout the years have said their first grade student was regularly yelled at by one particular first grade teacher. The principal has refused to do anything about this abusive teacher for years, it is only a matter of time before a parent takes further action as this is a pervasive and ongoing problem with this teacher.

Kokanee Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2011
So-so. This school is just OK compared to other public schools. They don't offer the variety of services such as nearby elementary schools. It seems they want to streamline everyone here, whether gifted or failing into one lump sum. Some of the teachers are above average, while 3/4 are average, meaning they may lack ability to engage their students in a way other than lecture mode teaching. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of emphasis on ensuring multi-modal teaching which is unfortunate. My kid has complained about seeing/witnessing bullying as well on the lower field/playground area. This is so unfortunate as this could be a potentially great school.

Posted August 22, 2009

Kokanee Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2008
We have a new principal this year. We are new to this school since Feb last year, but we've been pleased with what we see so far. Teachers are willing to meet with you and discuss any concerns a parent might have etc. They are dedicated to the sucess of each student. I know this because I have a 2nd grader and 5th grader. My boys like the school and are challenged to think not just process facts. The new principal seems very accessible and the office staff are great. If you need anything they are there helping you out. You just have to ask. The students are taught to help each other as well in the classroom etc. I like the feel of the school as it is very inter racial representing the world as it really is so our kids learn about different cultures in our own community

Kokanee Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2008
School staff average in ability and willingness to work with parents concerning children with special needs or learning difficulties. Have found them deliberately postponing meetings, etc. in order to avoid dealing with problems in school.

Kokanee Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
Coming from the Edmonds School district my daughter has had a very hard time with adjusting to NSD standards. My daughter basically missed one whole year of core teaching and skill building. I have been spending 1.5 hours nightly with my daughter to build her skills; and quite frankly it would be nice if the school helped me out a little bit. Unfortunaltey, my daughter is on the boreline of being able to receive help.

Kokanee Elementary School
23710 57 Ave SE, Woodinville, WA  98072
Last modified Kokanee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kokanee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top