Woodinville, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted January 18, 2014
We saw such an immediate positive change in our daughter within weeks of her starting at WMS. Over the five years that she's been there, she has shown more confidence and makes logical connections to concepts that surprise me for a seven-yr-old. She handles disagreements with others and communicates emotions better than many adults I know. The teachers and principal are engaged with the students AND parents. They encourage participation and input from parents. They treat the students with respect and the students, in turn, learn to treat others with respect, as well. I adore this school.

Posted March 29, 2013
WMS is swonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and truly know my childrens learning styles. My kids are excited and happy to go to school every day!

Posted February 29, 2012
Our son entered the Apple class in 2010 at 3 years old. I am incredibly impressed with the patience of the teachers and staff and how the class is so well run. Our son just turned 5 and has completed a year and a half at half days, which we changed to full days at the start of the year. We could not be happier with his development, confidence, exposure to languange, culture, geography, math, and concientiousness of his environment and others. At the start of the year we also enrolled our 20 month old; she loves being there and the staff genuinely interacts with the kids.

Posted February 17, 2012
My daughter came to this school being on the shy side and in the last year, she has blossomed into a confident, articulate leader. The school is so nurturing and the teachers are hands on, even after hours by hosting events so parents have a chance to see the work their children are doing in addition to meeting other parents. My daughter is already talking full sentences in Spanish and the subjects she's learning at 5 years old is astounding. She LOVES going to school and I think she's bored on the weekends. A top notch school all around!

Posted January 27, 2010
This school was a lifesaver when the local Jr High was not a good fit for our daughter. She fit right in socially and was finally able to really fly in all her subjects. The academic expectations are high and the teachers are enthusiastic.

Posted November 21, 2009
Having been involved with this school for the past three years, I continue to be impressed with the high caliber and the dedication of the staff from the Head of School to the assistants. I recommend this school to discerning parents who want a well-rounded quality education for their children.

Woodinville Montessori School 0

Posted November 20, 2009
I would not agree with the previous reviewer. My daughter has thrived in the early childhood program and I found have the leadership very helpful.

Posted November 20, 2009
This school is amazing! I am fortunate that it is very close to our house. The teachers are phenomenal, the leadership is strong, the students challenged and the parents are connected. What more can you ask for! The teachers encourage the children to work at their own pace with just the right amount of challenge. However, unlike many Montessori schools, you do not have a choice to only do your favorite work every day. Weekly work plans ensure children work on all area of their academic progress. One reviewer complained about class size, but with at least 2 certified teachers in every room the ratio is more like 1:12 them the 1:24 the class initially seems. The experience is different than public schools, so you have to be ready to be involved and follow your child s progress closely. I recommend this school with the highest marks!

Posted June 17, 2009
I would not be who I am without this school.. especially jr. high. It is academically challenging and the whole community fosters nurturing. The teachers encourage you to learn about things you are interested in, and to pursue your passions. The students are truly accepting, respecting, supporting and amazing people. The hardest part is leaving though, after everyone gets so close. If nothing else, this school gives you a grounding that will lead you in the right direction.

Woodinville Montessori School 0

Posted October 22, 2008
We're so glad we found this school. We had been at another Montessori school for eight years, which suited us fine until one of our children began to 'fall behind.' The old school suggested she must have some kind of attention problem (the inattentive kind, rather than hyperactive)--that she ought to be tested to see why she couldn't cope with math being taught a grade and a half ahead of her actual grade. My daughter's confidence tanked, and she believed that she was 'dumb.' WMS welcomed us with open arms, and my child is thriving. She got help where she was weak, and was encouraged to push ahead where she is strong. My younger daughter slotted right in, and absolutely loves the school. The teachers and staff are wonderful people. I am so glad we're here.

Woodinville Montessori School
13965 NE 166th Street, Woodinville, WA  98072
Last modified Woodinville Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Woodinville Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top