PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

IT would probably depend on the teacher. We we not impressed by one in particular.

We recently moved to Juanita and are looking for an AMI school. We have observed at Eastside Montessori (and liked it), but wanted to look at other Montessori schools in the area - AMI or not to see what is available. When we observed we were disappointed in a few ways. A teacher clearly, in our opinion, did not know the math content he was trying to demonstrate and we felt that a number of students had behavioral issues that were going unchecked by the teachers; there were a few other minor concerns. We did like the facilities and classroom materials.

We saw such an immediate positive change in our daughter within weeks of her starting at WMS. Over the five years that she's been there, she has shown more confidence and makes logical connections to concepts that surprise me for a seven-yr-old. She handles disagreements with others and communicates emotions better than many adults I know. The teachers and principal are engaged with the students AND parents. They encourage participation and input from parents. They treat the students with respect and the students, in turn, learn to treat others with respect, as well. I adore this school.

WMS is swonderful school. The teachers are dedicated and truly know my childrens learning styles. My kids are excited and happy to go to school every day!

Our son entered the Apple class in 2010 at 3 years old. I am incredibly impressed with the patience of the teachers and staff and how the class is so well run. Our son just turned 5 and has completed a year and a half at half days, which we changed to full days at the start of the year. We could not be happier with his development, confidence, exposure to languange, culture, geography, math, and concientiousness of his environment and others. At the start of the year we also enrolled our 20 month old; she loves being there and the staff genuinely interacts with the kids.

My daughter came to this school being on the shy side and in the last year, she has blossomed into a confident, articulate leader. The school is so nurturing and the teachers are hands on, even after hours by hosting events so parents have a chance to see the work their children are doing in addition to meeting other parents. My daughter is already talking full sentences in Spanish and the subjects she's learning at 5 years old is astounding. She LOVES going to school and I think she's bored on the weekends. A top notch school all around!

This school was a lifesaver when the local Jr High was not a good fit for our daughter. She fit right in socially and was finally able to really fly in all her subjects. The academic expectations are high and the teachers are enthusiastic.

Having been involved with this school for the past three years, I continue to be impressed with the high caliber and the dedication of the staff from the Head of School to the assistants. I recommend this school to discerning parents who want a well-rounded quality education for their children.

I would not agree with the previous reviewer. My daughter has thrived in the early childhood program and I found have the leadership very helpful.

This school is amazing! I am fortunate that it is very close to our house. The teachers are phenomenal, the leadership is strong, the students challenged and the parents are connected. What more can you ask for! The teachers encourage the children to work at their own pace with just the right amount of challenge. However, unlike many Montessori schools, you do not have a choice to only do your favorite work every day. Weekly work plans ensure children work on all area of their academic progress. One reviewer complained about class size, but with at least 2 certified teachers in every room the ratio is more like 1:12 them the 1:24 the class initially seems. The experience is different than public schools, so you have to be ready to be involved and follow your child s progress closely. I recommend this school with the highest marks!

Last modified Woodinville Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9