Woodinville, WA
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Chrysalis School is proud of it's accomplishments and the academic accomplishments of its students. For the past 30 years we have served a broad academic range of students. Our students have graduated from community colleges and top tier universities including Yale, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Amherst, and Dartmouth. 10% of the 2012 graduating class is attending the UW. I personally would like to invite you to come in for a visit and experience the welcoming environment at Chrysalis School.
November 3, 2012

Posted September 15, 2014
We moved from the Southeast to Washington in the hopes of finding more progressive learning environments for our son. We started at Chrysalis in 2012 when our son was in the 1st grade and at the end of the year he thanked one of his teachers for "changing his life." Attending Chrysalis has been a life changing experience not only for our son, but for us as a family. I could never speak highly enough about all of his teachers. My son loves school, in fact, I often have a very difficult time getting him to leave at the end of the day. Chrysalis is a safe and nurturing place to learn. We don't foresee a change anytime soon! In years past there hasn't been a lot of parent involvement. However, the faculty and staff are always looking for ways to improve and this year one of the things I'm looking forward to is that there will be more opportunities for parents to get to know one another. We are very grateful for this school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I graduated from Chrysalis in 1998 & absolutely loved it! I have worked at Chrysalis for two years now & I have never been happier. Not only is it an amazing place to go to school, it's also an amazing place to work! I witness children's lives being changed on a daily basis....I can't think of anything more rewarding than that. Chrysalis truly is an amazing & life changing place.

Posted April 08, 2014
Chrysalis is an excellent, state of the art, private school setting for K-12 grade students, regardless of learning style. My son has attended Chrysalis since 7th grade. He graduates this June. His learning style was best suited to mostly 1:1 teaching, which is well provided at Chrysalis. The teachers are responsive to his interests and needs, and allow him to essentially create as much of his own curriculum as possible, within the college bound guidelines. Chrysalis' emphasis on placing students and teachers together in a best match for both personality and subject area has allowed my son to loop up with several teachers, for several ears at a time. No one is perfect, so if I could give a 4.5 star review, I would, to set expectations not for perfection, but for excellence. There have been a few bumps here, just as with any other place. However, because of the caring and responsive nature of the team, these bumps are tiny in the scope of his 6 amazing years at Chrysalis. My son has received an incredibly full and high quality education at Chrysalis. We will miss everyone next year.

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter graduated from Chrysalis over 24 yrs ago. It was a perfect match for her and she loved her teachers. Chrysalis allowed her to go to job training and get a head start on a career in the Dental field, while completing her High School education.. Now (Her son) My grandson has the opportunity to also go to the High School program at Chrysalis. He is doing better than he ever had in public school, because of the great teachers who care about their students. He once again loves school and learning. Kids can sense when someone is interested in them and they naturally do better when that happens. Because of the genuineness of the teachers he's able to be challenged and excel. The fact that Chrysalis is still around after all these years is a tribute to the Principle and founder, Karen Fogle and her great staff. The fact that Chrysalis has grown to the School it is today is a tribute to the great teachers there who truly care about their students. The fact that Chrysalis has such a success rate of students who graduate, shows that its a program that really works and turns out solid people ready to take on the next step of their life.

Posted November 20, 2013
I feel so blessed to be a teacher at Chrysalis and now a parent as well. Chrysalis is so much more than a school it is a family full of caring, supportive teachers who really have a passion for teaching. They want each student to feel and be successful in an academic, safe environment. Chrysalis allows the opportunity for students to explore, be engaged in their learning process and build on success.

Posted November 20, 2013
My favorite thing about Chrysalis is how excited my kids are to attend each day. The quality instruction, the focus on exploration and maintaining a child's sense of wonder, as well as the personalized curriculum for each child, all create a wonderful environment for learning.

Posted November 14, 2013
Chrysalis is more than a school, it is a community that my son loved being a part of. It changed our lives. He had a non-verbal learning disability, Asperger s and was his quirky self. He went from being an outcast to having friends that spent lunch/weekends together; from hating school to making sure he was the first one there; from feeling like a failure to setting goals to finish Calculus; from not having a voice to being confident in sharing his opinion. He truly blossomed. Chrysalis used his interests to help him learn through videotaping classes, making Physics movies, playing vocabulary games, listening to audio books, etc. When he had anxiety over a class, teachers would meet with him prior to explain that day s assignment so that he was prepared and could contribute. They fostered an environment where every student was part of a group and he made friends. For any parent whose child has a difficult time making friends, this was the most wonderful gift. My son was a senior and passed away recently. Thank you for accepting my son for who he was, encouraging him to reach for the stars, fostering friendships and providing a safe and nurturing learning environment.

Chrysalis School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
I completely agree with the mother who said her son was totally unprepared for college thanks to Chrysalis. We are now scrambling to catch up to prepare for college, and it's been a nightmare. Chrysalis should be ashamed of themselves for giving their students straight A's without providing a quality education to their students. And to think they're charging outrageous rates for this?! I have no words...:-(

Posted October 30, 2013
My 3 daughters and 3 nephews have graduated from Chrysalis. The confidence they have in themselves and their abilities is remarkable. They are happy, successful adults, the wish for all of our children.

Posted October 24, 2013
I attended chrysalis from 1996-1999 and found the experience invaluable. I am shocked that anyone could have a negative exexperience there. The education I recieved at Chrysalis far exceeded my public school learning experience where kids are jammed 40 to a class and forced to take standardized tests that stifle creativity. By the time of my graduation I was way ahead of my public school peers and breezed through my first year of college. Most of the things I studied my first of college were things I had already learned my senior year of HS. I also loved that my learning style was addressed and taught to making learning palatable and interesting once again. Before Chrysalis I had come to hate school and only went for the social aspect. By the time I left I had rekindled my love of learning once again. If your child is bored of public school, has a.d.d or simply wants a better school experience I would highly recommend Chrysalis.

Chrysalis School