Woodinville, WA
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Chrysalis School is proud of it's accomplishments and the academic accomplishments of its students. For the past 30 years we have served a broad academic range of students. Our students have graduated from community colleges and top tier universities including Yale, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Amherst, and Dartmouth. 10% of the 2012 graduating class is attending the UW. I personally would like to invite you to come in for a visit and experience the welcoming environment at Chrysalis School.
November 03, 2012

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 15, 2015
They take the time to get to know the individual student and their learning style. Due to small class sizes they are able to adapt and adjust to the group as a whole very quickly while still meeting the needs of the individual student.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 15, 2015
Each child's schedule and course load is geared toward their individual needs. It is all in what works for the child. Plus my sons schedule has several built in study and homework times in his school day.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
On an individual basis the staff knows the potential of each individual child and guides the child to achieve their best. They encourage the kids and are their biggest cheerleaders. The staff sets expectations and the kids work hard to meet those expectations. The kids learn what they are capable of with hard work and determination.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
The staff treats the students with kindness and respect. This in return has the students modeling back this behavior. It is mutual.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
When the kids have any sort of issue with one another the staff is their to help the kids work through their issues and come up with solutions. The school encourages its students to be involved in their community. The students are encouraged to support each other and work together.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
They hold kids responsible for their actions without over reacting. The never talk at students but discuss with them. They set clear expectations. The staff is always there to help and support the kids while teaching them to stand on their own. The staff models truth, honesty and integrity for the students.

Posted July 15, 2015
I could not have designed a better educational experience for my son. He began to struggle when he entered middle school, not from the curriculum but from the overcrowded classes. He was lost chaos. From the very first day my son started at Chrysalis the change was life altering for him.

Posted September 15, 2014
We moved from the Southeast to Washington in the hopes of finding more progressive learning environments for our son. We started at Chrysalis in 2012 when our son was in the 1st grade and at the end of the year he thanked one of his teachers for "changing his life." Attending Chrysalis has been a life changing experience not only for our son, but for us as a family. I could never speak highly enough about all of his teachers. My son loves school, in fact, I often have a very difficult time getting him to leave at the end of the day. Chrysalis is a safe and nurturing place to learn. We don't foresee a change anytime soon! In years past there hasn't been a lot of parent involvement. However, the faculty and staff are always looking for ways to improve and this year one of the things I'm looking forward to is that there will be more opportunities for parents to get to know one another. We are very grateful for this school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I graduated from Chrysalis in 1998 & absolutely loved it! I have worked at Chrysalis for two years now & I have never been happier. Not only is it an amazing place to go to school, it's also an amazing place to work! I witness children's lives being changed on a daily basis....I can't think of anything more rewarding than that. Chrysalis truly is an amazing & life changing place.

Posted April 08, 2014
Chrysalis is an excellent, state of the art, private school setting for K-12 grade students, regardless of learning style. My son has attended Chrysalis since 7th grade. He graduates this June. His learning style was best suited to mostly 1:1 teaching, which is well provided at Chrysalis. The teachers are responsive to his interests and needs, and allow him to essentially create as much of his own curriculum as possible, within the college bound guidelines. Chrysalis' emphasis on placing students and teachers together in a best match for both personality and subject area has allowed my son to loop up with several teachers, for several ears at a time. No one is perfect, so if I could give a 4.5 star review, I would, to set expectations not for perfection, but for excellence. There have been a few bumps here, just as with any other place. However, because of the caring and responsive nature of the team, these bumps are tiny in the scope of his 6 amazing years at Chrysalis. My son has received an incredibly full and high quality education at Chrysalis. We will miss everyone next year.

18710 142nd Avenue Northeast, Woodinville, WA  98072