Yacolt, WA

Yacolt Primary School 2

Posted September 22, 2013
I am a parent with three children who have attended Yacolt Primary. While the teaching staff have been informative and professional, the principal seems disinterested in children with educational challenges. He may listen to concerns but does little or nothing to improve the situation. I have heard similar remarks from other parents with special needs children. I do not believe this individual should be in the position of school administrator for primary aged children. If not for the assistance of the school psychologist, my child would not have received the help they needed and were entitled to by law. I hope other parents will step forward and share their opinions. If you are the parent of a child with any special needs at Yacolt, I recommend you stay vigilant and protect their rights.

Yacolt Primary School 1

Posted February 14, 2013
I am discusted with the principal leadership and the lack of care for the students there have been times where they have refused to let young students use the bathroom even when they are about to pee thier pants..and I have witnessed employees bieng repremanded for allowing the students to use the restroom.

Yacolt Primary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
Years ago, we had a problem with one of my oldest son's teachers. This time around we have had a wonderful experience. I have two kids in this school and we have had wonderful teachers! Both of my kids are doing wonderful and advancing quickly in reading and math. I was concerned when we moved back into the district, given our experience before. I think it was just one teacher and her inexperience last time. I have one of my kids starting school next year, and have no concerns. As far as religeous influence, I haven't noticed anymore than what we had at other schools.

Yacolt Primary School 2

Posted September 09, 2003
My child went to this school for all 4 years. You walk by the principal and smile and she turns her back on you. This happened often. The teachers were great for the most part. My child's specific teachers were responsive to our needs. My child struggles ith reading and is still at a 3.5 reading level. This wasn't the school's focus in 4th grade. They teach to the WASL and according to the scores, not very well. Also, there is a tremendous amount of religious influence. Not just because there are a lot of religious families, but that the school caters to it.

Yacolt Primary School
406 West Yacolt Rd, Yacolt, WA  98675
Last modified Yacolt Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yacolt Primary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top