Yakima, WA

Posted August 06, 2013
This is our first year here and we are very happy about this. We are looking forward to a good year .

Posted January 17, 2013
We have had a wonderful experience with this school! Teachers seem to truly care about each student. They seem to try to individualize each student's lessons and push the children to work up to their potential. Reading, writing and math programs are great. There are lots of incentives to be a responsible student, to try one's best, and to be healthy with the PAWS program and mileage club. Unfortunately there is no art class. The principal is very friendly and gets to know each student. As far as the district goes- It is important to note that all special education students attend this elementary school which might have an effect on the 6/10 rating, as well as the fact that the advanced students are placed at Wide Hollow.

Posted October 04, 2012
Cottonwood has been wonderful for my son and myself. He has special learning issues and they have been very supportive and accommodating. We transferred to Cottonwood at the beginning of my son's 3rd grade year and we have been made to feel very welcome and a part of the school. The staff are wonderful and there for the children. There is a community feeling regarding the staff, children and parents here.

Cottonwood Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2011
my child went here for only one year and it was horrible!!! the teacher he had was absolutely against anybody that was lower middle class and below. she made fun of my son and made first grade a nightmare. the staff said they would fix the problem yet never did. i pulled my son outta school two weeks early and placed him at apple valley which he loves. i would never recommend cottonwood to anybody unless you are upper class and have money!

Cottonwood Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2011
This school is terrible I have been treated unfairly and my children to I would not recommend this school to any one if your child is not a top reader or struggles in any other subject if so good luck .

Cottonwood Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
I have had a very positive opinion about W.V. schools. I do have concerns about my daughter this year. She is in 4th grade and will be taking the wasl's this year. Her homwork load is very light and the work she is bring home is work she did in 3rd grade. I don't see where she is being prepared for the test. I am greatly concerned in regards to this. Thank you for asking for the parents opinions.

Posted June 30, 2004
Wonderful school! I can't say enough about it! We have three children that have or do attend the school and every teacher has been wonderful, dedicated, and all around wonderful. There is a ton of parent involvement and a nice community of caring families. The children are expected to respect others which I appreciate. It's a safe environment as well. I have been surprised on more than one occasion when the teachers had a very detailed knowledge of my child(ren) through teaching them, proving to me how much individual attention each student is given and that the teachers care about them all. Parents are kept well informed of what is going on in the classroom as well.

Posted September 09, 2003
My kids have gone to cottonwood for the last 3 years and we love it! We think the school is wonderful and that the staff is especially wonderful to deal with!

Cottonwood Elementary School
1041 South 96th Ave, Yakima, WA  98908
(509) 965-2052
Last modified Cottonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top