Bad
Good

This is our first year here and we are very happy about this. We are looking forward to a good year .

We have had a wonderful experience with this school! Teachers seem to truly care about each student. They seem to try to individualize each student's lessons and push the children to work up to their potential. Reading, writing and math programs are great. There are lots of incentives to be a responsible student, to try one's best, and to be healthy with the PAWS program and mileage club. Unfortunately there is no art class. The principal is very friendly and gets to know each student. As far as the district goes- It is important to note that all special education students attend this elementary school which might have an effect on the 6/10 rating, as well as the fact that the advanced students are placed at Wide Hollow.

Cottonwood has been wonderful for my son and myself. He has special learning issues and they have been very supportive and accommodating. We transferred to Cottonwood at the beginning of my son's 3rd grade year and we have been made to feel very welcome and a part of the school. The staff are wonderful and there for the children. There is a community feeling regarding the staff, children and parents here.

my child went here for only one year and it was horrible!!! the teacher he had was absolutely against anybody that was lower middle class and below. she made fun of my son and made first grade a nightmare. the staff said they would fix the problem yet never did. i pulled my son outta school two weeks early and placed him at apple valley which he loves. i would never recommend cottonwood to anybody unless you are upper class and have money!

This school is terrible I have been treated unfairly and my children to I would not recommend this school to any one if your child is not a top reader or struggles in any other subject if so good luck .

Last modified Cottonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.