Apple Valley Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
I pulled my child out last year. Won't be going back to Apple Valley Elementary.

Posted November 19, 2014
I have read the negative reviews and can't help but wonder if there is another Apple Valley they are writing about. My family has had children at Apple Valley for the past six years and we are THRILLED with the school, teachers, and staff. We have outgrown our current home but will not move since we want the remainder of our children to attend this amazing school. My husband and I have been VERY involved with PTA and in the classrooms at every grade level of our children. The staff has become family and I know they only want what is best for our children. I can not recommend Apple Valley enough. If you are looking for a school you can get plugged into, this is YOUR school. There are numerous serving opportunities within the school. From PTA sponsored events, to the office, to outside of the classroom prep work, to in the classroom participation. My children all have different personalities and I have found their teachers to be sensitive to what makes my children thrive as well as the teachers being open to feedback from me. Apple Valley is a terrific school with an amazing staff. Signed, Team Hogue

Apple Valley Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2014
Apple Valley Elementary. My daughter hasn't started Kinder yet and I am already worried. They teach common core and don't seem to have an opt out policy in place. I DO NOT want my daughter using the common core learning standards. Does anyone know how to get the schools to have an opt out option? I am only rating 3 stars because I do not know any of the teachers, or the principal ect .. But from what I have read parent involvement is NOT encouraged what so ever. This worries me because that is how common core is, they don't want us anywhere near it..

Apple Valley Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I have 2 children attend this school and I thought it would be a better school from the previous school , however the parent involvement at Apple valley is none unless it is conference week, then by all means they want your attention. Parents were not allowed to attend todays field trip. The school my children where at before made sure parents were apart of everything...Apple valley wants you to be involved when it comes to PTA fundraisers or conferences. I thought moving my kids to a "better school district" was a good idea. But if a better school means being stuck up and selfish I'm moving them back to a school that teaches a lot more then being a stuck up snob!!!!!!!

Posted March 20, 2014
We love Apple Valley! We are always welcomed with smiling faces and I have been amazed at how much my little Kindergartner has learned.

Apple Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2013
I loved Apple Valley! I went there from kindergarten to fourth grade, when i had to move up to the middle school, and the staff and teachers are so supportive and helpful and i was so lucky to have gone to such an amazing school.

Posted May 04, 2012
We choose to enroll our daughter in the all day kindergarten program and we could not be happier. The academic growth my daughter has shown is tremendous, but it is the environment created by her teacher that has impressed us the most. Our daughter comes home from school brimming with excitement about what has happened that day. Not only has the academic side been excellent, but we have enjoyed the activities put on by the PTA. The experience at Apple Vally has put my daughter on the correct path to academic success.

Apple Valley Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2011
In a day and age where children could use some creative teaching we have cookie cutter education. When asked for out of the box kind of learning and working with our family we were told that the curriculum is what it is. Children are individuals and should be taught as such. I feel as though my child in 1st grade is just a number. I also have not been allowed to volunteer in the classroom. Something I did a great deal of in our last school. I visit in lunch hour to see my son but I am obviously not welcome.

Posted June 07, 2011
Great school for kids to learn and grow . The teachers work together to create a fun learning environment .

Apple Valley Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2010
they teach with care each kid what he exactly needs,their kids can read in early k grade, start with plus and minus from first grade,they are great in science projects,they are trying to make learning such a fun! and school a great place to stay in! i like them and we miss them me and my 2 daughters.

Apple Valley Elementary School
7 North 88th Ave, Yakima, WA  98908
(509) 965-2060
Last modified Apple Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apple Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top