West Valley Jr High School 3

Posted February 19, 2011
I am disgusted with the health/cooking teacher's conduct with students who aren't popular. She is very low class and always has no problem calling them out or embarrassing them in front of her class. But she just LOVES all the popular kids in her class and always had something kind to say to them. How can the school board actually allow such a socially prejudice woman to work at that school? Anybody who has been to WVJH would know exactly which teacher I am talking about so I feel no need to state her name.

West Valley Jr High School 3

Posted February 09, 2011
While the principal touted having web sites for each class at the beginning of the school year, almost none of the teachers keep them up. The advance placement classes are average. The non-advance placement classes are poor, mostly due to the lack of engagement with the students.

West Valley Jr High School 4

Posted October 08, 2005
Sports availability very good. Parents were involved, most kids had good grades. Quality could be better, courses seem to be too laid back, but good nevertheless.

West Valley Jr High School 5

Posted September 02, 2005
- a former student

West Valley Jr High School 1

Posted January 14, 2005
I'm not impressed with the way mentally ill and handicap children are treated at this school. Even with counselors and Psychiatrist on my son s side they would rather ignore his problem and label him a drop out. As for the director of special education for west valley I see him useless.

West Valley Jr High School 4

Posted June 30, 2004
So far I've been happy. I mostly appreciate the updates on grades I receive through email and the homework hotline is wonderful. I do think that although the students are told to respect others and no bullying, it isn't necessarily enforced which in my view should be worked on. When I emailed the superintendent of the district to question the bullying policy, I did not get a response which didn't impress me. The teachers that we have dealt with, however, seem like wonderful caring role models and the school expects the students to work hard and turn in homework, and I like that they are on top of that with parental communication - it really helps parents assist their children with healthy study habits and higher grades. Much better than I've seen in other middle schools in the area.

West Valley Jr High School 2

Posted September 09, 2003
i think that there is a severe lack of cooperation, understanding, and willingness to work with children with special needs, which is detrimental to the learning process.

West Valley Jr High School
1505 South 75th Ave, Yakima, WA  98908
Last modified West Valley Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Valley Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top