Yakima, WA
Students enrolled: 2,076

Posted March 20, 2014
I am a parent of a Senior daughter, I am very pleased with the experience myself and my daughter had with Davis highschool, they do have great programs, great teachers and great kids!!!!!!!!!! Mrs. Green is the best, she is a great inspiration for students her dress code is very professional and very stylish, we love her!!!!!!!!!!! thank you to all the teachers that helped my daughter for the last 4yrs of her life, YOU ALL ARE A BLESSING!

Davis High School 1

Posted March 10, 2010
I attended Davis high school and let me tell you that it was very disorganize. I think the school should get better staf, as well as actually caring about their students future. The counslers there cream the crop with little intensions of wanting to see their students succed. The office staff makes plenty of mistakes that include your childs gradutation ending up not happening because of their lack of alertness in the student and teacher. Teahers at davis are great, atleast some. They bring personal problems into the classroom and ends up effecting most students. Security guards are no different. In the makings of trying to 'attempt' to make the school a safer enviorment, some, in particular one maybe involved in selling/buying narcotics such as marijuanna mainly. Parents, I do not recomend this school. It has great potential but has so much more flaws that the people know.

Davis High School

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Davis high school because it's not like other schools in the way that it's not clique-y. there's no clicks and really no drama. Also academically it's a good school w/ a great IB program.

Posted February 20, 2009
Davis High school I'd say is one of the best high schools out there. We not only offer a great Honors program, but man let me tell you about the I.B. program; Its above great. I'm about to finish my freshman year and the teachers have not only treated each individual with respect,but have offered their help to us when ever we needed it. Davis also offers some spectacular tutors who are there to help us with anything from math to science. So if you're looking for a great school join us and become a Davis Pirate!!!

Posted July 27, 2008
If you are a parent and are choosing a high school that offers quality information for your child, then Davis High School is the right one. I myself am very fortunate to attend a school that has a dedicated staff that is willing to guide any student into success. I have completed my first year of high school and have gotten a taste of what I need to do in order to leave Davis with the knowledge I and any other student will need in order to be successful in the future. The best way to obtain a solid education is to be inrolled in the Honors system and work your way up to the I.B. program. Although most people have heard that the I.B program is a very rigorous and intense program, I personally think that any motivated individual can complete the program and earn a diploma.

Posted May 28, 2008
Despite common belief, Davis is a great high school offering students unparalleled opportunities in the area. Davis is in essence two different schools. For the academically inclined students, the IB program at Davis is second to none. Each year Davis graduates numerous Ivy Leaguers and sends well prepared students to upper echelon universities. If your student has the opportunity, the IB program offers a rigorous curriculum where intellectualism is embraced. When completed, the program essentially guarantees students acceptance to the University of Washington at bare minimum. As a recent graduate, I had the opportunity of involving myself in the IB program and flourished in the challenging courses. The school may appear superficially insubstantial but (even with the bias aside) it is the premier high school, public or private, in the Yakima Valley.

Posted May 13, 2008
Shh - IB program is best kept secret in Yakima. This is a live and let live school and even with the scary reputation it has been the best decision for our family. IB is tough but so worthwhile - teachers are great and band program rocks. Keep up the good work Davis staff.

Posted June 08, 2007
i find this school to be the best school i have gone to it has good teachers and students that work for there furtures. i feal that there is so meny scolorships that are given out by our school last year we got more scholorships than all the other schools around.

Davis High School 4

Posted April 07, 2007
I am not exactly a parent, but I believe I can give a balanced perspective as a senior who has attended all 4 years. I think the IB program is fabulous and from my experience, it prepares students quite well for college - better than the AP program because IB requires a greater amount of writing and critical thinking necessary in the real world. The principal is very involved in the school and makes a point to get to know everyone, but can be weak in discipline, as is the rest of the administration. However, I feel safe on campus because of the presence of security guards - I know where to go if I need help! The students are, overall, great - if you avoid the ones who don't care about school or life in general. There are so many quality people here, and no social classes and cliques!

Davis High School 2

Posted January 03, 2007
Davis high foucuses on sports. But it's accademical programs are average, which is fine. And the safety here is 50/50; its average. (i find its worse at Ike High). The teachers are awsome here. The problem is the students. They seem like nice students, but if you get to know them, they are usualy bad people. And while most of them are accademicaly good or great, they lead a bad lifestyle and attitude torwords teachers and other students. So you will probably not find a 'best friend', but a 'Good-classmate' instead, posting a weak social world here.

Davis High School
212 South 6th Ave, Yakima, WA  98902
Last modified Davis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top