Posted October 07, 2012
While I can't speak for the non-Honors/AP courses, I am definitely able to conclude that Ike is an amazing school for those that have the drive to take advantage of the opportunities there. The honors teachers all care deeply about their students and do all they can to keep then in the honors/ap track. The administration are fairly competent. While the vice principals have a tendency to be out of touch with the generation they are looking after, the principal is very much willing to do what it takes to create an atmosphere of acceptance that students can thrive in. This school's extracurricular and academic opportunities gave me the skills needed to compete with my current peers in Ivy League at the best undergraduate business school in the world (the university of Pennsylvania). All the tools are available at Ike to succeed, all the students have to do is take advantage of them.

Posted August 20, 2012
Eisenhower High School is the best school in Yakima, it has taught me a lot. The faculty is great. I feel safe and respected in the school. I'm to say I attend there now and when I first attended as a freshman I was not scared at all. They really prepare you for life and being on your own.

Eisenhower High School 1

Posted November 08, 2010
The manner in which the Pricipal Stacey Locke conducts herself is very unprofessional. Upon meeting her she failed to introduce herself .We were taken into a room where she asked in a very rude and offensive manner "what we were there for?" She display's a lack of politeness, and self control. When we started to speak she raised her bottom out of her chair, leaned over the table, pointed her finger in the face of my Mother inlaw and spoke in a very aggressive manner and tone.She was also dishonest and uncooperative. If this is how she conducts herself with parents and adults I have to wonder how she behaves herself with students?

Posted June 08, 2009

Eisenhower High School 3

Posted April 07, 2009
The best High School in Yakima, but it's not the best. Most of the teachers in this school are great. One problem though is the school is physically falling apart, it's just old.

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted July 25, 2006
- a former student
I absolutely loved my time at IKE. Yes, it was uncomfortable and scary for the first two years, but once I found a niche, I really felt like I was a part of the school. The Honors/AP English dept. is amazing (I'm far exceeding my college-level counterparts), as is the advanced social studies dept. I do, feel, however, that the sciences aren't as rigorous as they could be--usually we just did what we had to do to pass--but the overall community makes up for any pitfalls in the curriculum. My advice to new parents/students: get involved, join clubs/sports and get to know the staff. View IKE as not just a place for an education, but a place to make lasting memories with an awesome community.

Posted February 18, 2006
- a former student
Being a graduate of Eisenhower High School, I feel that is a great school. I had great success going on to a University in the state, the transition was very easy and I felt that I was well prepared thanks to the caring Eisenhower faculty. This school was very safe when I attended and I was a guinea pig when they implemented the 3 period days. I feel that I received lots of encouragement to go on and get my B.A. and I owe a lot to former teachers who took an interest in the student's future. My experience at Ike was very positive and I would definitely refer other parents to send their children there to receive a great education and wonderful opportunity to advance in academics and leadership.

Posted April 04, 2005
- a former student
I believe that Eisenhower offers a safe environment along with faculty that care about their students in and out of the classroom. The academics at this school offer the opportunity to learn to the students that are willing to work hard for a great education. The athletic coaches and programs help participants to continue their education on the playing field, not only learning about athletics but also learning valuable life lessons. Ike was a great choice for me and I would recomend Eisenhower to any incoming freshman. The only advice I would give is to get involved, take it upon yourself to find your niche. Afterall, it is not the teachers job to make you learn, it is the teachers job to help you learn, and show you a path to learning.

Eisenhower High School 1

Posted February 04, 2005
Eisenhower is a school of very poor standing academically, sports, and extra-curricular activities. This school is also a very unsafe enviornment. I would never send a student to Ike.

Eisenhower High School
702 South 40th Ave, Yakima, WA  98908
Last modified Eisenhower High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top