Posted August 30, 2011
The teachers and principal have been amazing. Every concern I have had has been met FAST. I have nothing bad to say about McClure. Especially the dual language program. AMAZING SCHOOL!

Posted February 01, 2011
Strong principle and a highly motivated 2nd grade teacher that teaches my son. She goes out of way to make sure he gets everything he needs. Mrs. Robb is a teacher that needs to be recommended for promotion.

Mcclure Elementary School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
My 3 children are currently enrolled and I agree with the lack of communication. My 5th grader comes home and tell me the sarcastic remarks made by staff members. One even commented that 'she doesn't even like kids'. Completely inappropriate in a school setting. There are a few teachers that are fantastic, however, not enought to outweigh the negativity that I have experienced. I have spoken with the principal several times and each time, he speaks over me. My sons feel bullied and no one seems to listen. I joined to the PTA to become more involved and it feels like a popularity contest. They invite 'parent interactions' but their actions indicate otherwise.

Posted August 02, 2009

Mcclure Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2008

Mcclure Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2008

Mcclure Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2008
I am very concerned with the education my son is getting at this school. We have tried talking to his teachers, and Principal, but I don't feel like the lines of communication are open. I want my son to have a good education, and be happy where he goes to school. This will be the last year he attends this school. If you are planning on sending your children here check it out first. A very concerned parent.

Mcclure Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2008
My daughter started Kindergarten this year and McClue has not been a good experience. There's a breakdown in communication between school personnel and parents. You are made to believe as a parent you will be welcomed but when you try to get involved that isn't the case at all. Parents aren't informed of school closures or other activities until the day before and this causes a problem with scheduling. I've spoken with the principal about a health issue and I didn't feel heard at all. I felt I was speaking with a sales person instead of a principal. He kept repeating their motto instead of working with me to solve a problem. Eventually he said he would speak with my daughter about this issue but hasn't yet and that was three weeks ago. I'm not happy with this school whatsoever and she won't attend there next year.

Posted January 10, 2008

Posted February 26, 2007

Mcclure Elementary School
1222 South 2nd Ave, Yakima, WA  98902
Last modified Mcclure Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcclure Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top