Bad
Good

Washington Middle School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
Wouldnt let me 1 star for above comment! We hate this school! So we will be looking into other options!

Posted November 02, 2011
this is to verify my e-mail address or at least I am trying to do so as the directions say.

Posted March 13, 2009

Posted April 16, 2008
Very disappointed with the principal verbally telling my child he should probably attend Stanton Alternative School since he dioesn't have plans to college. Teachers are wonderful and carrying!

Posted July 19, 2007
I am teacher at Washington Middle School and it is a challenge. The school has a great staff and great leadership. The teachers really care and work together. The leadership gets better and more effective with each passing year. The problem lies in the students. This school is in a community that does not value education and I spend most of my day putting out fires rather than teaching. Each lesson must be very highly structured or it is doomed. This is quite taxing and I can't wait for the weekend most weeks. Not much can be accomplished when so few students care. I feel bad for the ones that are trying. Students that do care will have all the opportunities they can get their hands on because this school is desperately trying to motivate the general student body. We are constantly dealing [with] gang issues as well.

Posted August 16, 2004
I went to Washington and I loved it. I met wonderful friends and I feel like I learned what I need to. Even though Washington doesn't have the best reputation I think it's a great school and I encourage any 5th graders to go.

510 South 9th St, Yakima, WA  98901
Last modified Washington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.