Posted April 20, 2013
I have two children that attend Montessori School of Yakima, both in the preschool level, and the elementary classroom. MSY offers a great education to the children of Yakima. By focusing on following the child, allowing children hands-on learning, and the ability to learn at their own rate with teachers as guides, Montessori truly is delivering innovative education with a time-proven method. Montessori School of Yakima is a tight-knit community full of diverse families who all care about the quality of their child's education. I highly recommend this school - you will be blown away by what your children learn on a very deep level.

Posted February 06, 2009
I had a daughter go through 4 years preK age 3 through 1st grade at Oakridge Montessori in Yakima. Many things I loved about their Montessori school and a few I didn't. The longer you stay it really becomes a community of know the parents and kids, lots of birthday party invitations, a great philosophy with lots of hands on learning that kids learn independence and initiation of their own learning in the environment. Terrific results for children who have a hard time sitting down for long. Kids can work anywhere in the class room. There are even learning activities outside on the deck. You get to a tax write off because Oakridge is licensed as a daycare as well. I did like the prek-K better than the 1st grade for my daughter.

Montessori School of Yakima 0

Posted October 02, 2008
I have had two children go through the Montessori program through 'extended day,' which is the equivalent of kindergarten in a public school. Because the children are not segregated by age, the classrooms include children from the ages of 3 to 6. This system really helps the children learn responsiblity, sharing, and independence. In addition to these vital social skills, my children have also exceeded my expectations in the educational basics of reading, writing and math. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted March 05, 2007
Great school!!! Teachers are foucused on following each indivdual child and their needs.I recommend this school to anyone.

Montessori School of Yakima
511 North 44th Avenue, Yakima, WA  98908
Last modified Montessori School of Yakima is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori School of Yakima Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.