Yelm, WA

Posted December 09, 2012
We came here from out of state and I was highly disappointed in the previous school disctrict we were with -- so much so that I was homeschooling my special needs daughter. Upon coming to WA I was more than thrilled and delighted with the child-centered approach. I met with our daughter's guidance counselor prior to enrollment and we all made certain that our daughter was set up for succcess from the moment she walked through the door. I have never been disappointed in the time she's spent there. Thank you!!!

Posted August 10, 2008
I loved this school! I still go back to say high and converse with my 7th, 8th AND 9th grade teachers, they were all so wonderful and i never EVER had a problem asking for help because it was so obvious that the teachers were willing to help. The leadership program was awesome and helped every one feel involved because ever those who wern't in the class had an oppertunity to help, and submit ideas. I never participated in sports, but i did participate in 21st Century, which was an hour of school help and an hour of different activities that were helpful both in school and out of it. There were amazing reward activities that you could participate in, even though you had to qualify (of course). I WISH THE HIGH SCHOOL WAS AS TOP NOTCH AS THE MIDDLE SCHOOL!! Hopefully everyone feels the same!

Posted November 14, 2007
I'm currently in 9th grade and in all honors classes. My older brothers all went to YMS and excelled, so I had high expectations from my parents, the teachers, and myself. The staff encouraged me and helped me exceed those standards. Every struggling student is given special attention and gifted students have the chance to excell. The teachers are so caring and understanding, that I still go and visit my seventh and eighth grade teachers and consider them friends. The extra curricular activities that are offered are outstanding and every student has an equal chance to succeed. I highly reccomend this school over other schools in the area. Love ya, YMS!!!

Posted October 26, 2007
this is a very good school. they have great role modles and they help everybodey they can! I love this school very much

Posted February 01, 2006
Yelm Middle School focuses on the whole child. Their academic programs prepare students to enter Yelm High School. If a student is advanced in their subject matter classes are available for them to pursue their interest at an appropriate level. Ms. Rang is a delightful individual. She has the respect of her students and is a positive administrator for staff. Yelm Middle School has a multitude of afterschool activities and athletics. Children feel the care and commitment of the staff. As a parent I have had two children go through YMS. Both of my children are successful in their higher grades. This is a combination of their desire to succeed as well as the positive, student-centered environment created in the middle school. I would gladly have my children in the majority of the teachers classes. Like any school, check out the teachers. However, the vast majority are wonderful. Your kids will do well.

Posted February 01, 2006
This school is okay, I don't have any regrets about sending my child here. We have moved 5 times and for once, my son has friends! According to him, at least everybody seems to have a friend at YMS. I love the teachers, they have a great way of pulling the students in.

Yelm Middle School 1

Posted September 20, 2005
I do not like the middle school, I have two childern that go there. Too crowded and not enough time for the students to get to their lockers that they have to share and then make it to class in time to settle down and learn. Would really like to sell my house and move. I can see why these kids are so wound up when they get home. It is like a battlefield just to make it to class in time. I am real disapppointed about the school district out in Yelm. They could release certain classes 5 minutes early, let those kids get to their next class and then release the second bunch. This would ease all the conjestion in the hallways.

Posted August 27, 2004
I think this is too crowded and now they are adding another grade to it!

Posted June 09, 2004
YMS is an absolutly great school. They have an awesome Leadership class with a great teacher that teaches it. The teachers are very involved with the students.They have pretty much every sport you can think of. The sports go all year round. It is truly a great school.

Yelm Middle School 3

Posted May 19, 2004
This school is one of the worst schools my daughter has attended. She's in the 8th grade at YMS currently and has been struggling throughout the year. Yelm Middle School has a high drug rate, and constantly bombards my daughter with high standards. The teachers may not be at fault, but they offer little to no help for her. Overall, the extra-curricular activities are superb. There's many to choose from. I wouldn't personally recommend your child attend here, but if it's your only choice, it's not so bad.

Yelm Middle School
402 Yelm Ave West, Yelm, WA  98597
Last modified Yelm Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yelm Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top