Yelm, WA

Posted September 02, 2013
I could not be happier with this school. If all of the schools in Yelm behaved as they do at Prairie, this district would flourish. I pulled my kids after three years at a different school and walked into Prairie with an extremely negative opinion of Yelm schools due to those experiences. However, after our year there, I am looking forward to the next. The assemblies every week allow parents to feel truly welcome and involved. They also help teach the kids from a very young age how to behave in mass social settings. Sixth graders are given a Kinder buddy, making the kinder feel more comfortable while teaching the sixth grader responsibility. My son, who typically cannot regulate well un medicated for his ADHD spent the entire summer with no problems. My daughter, who is typically antisocial and was targeted by people who were supposed to help her at her old school, was extremely social all summer, and numerous people who came into contact with her were amazed. Switching my children to Prairie was the best thing I could have ever done for their education and well being.

Yelm Prairie Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
The teachers and staff go above and beyond parents expectations, and children's needs. Thanks you Southworth!

Yelm Prairie Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Prairie school because they love their kids. They are always helping each other, parents, faculty and children. It is very warm and inviting. The teacher are always in contact with the parents and how their child/children or doing.

Posted March 10, 2009
I have 2 children that attend Prairie, 1 is gifted the other struggles in reading. I feel that Prairie does a wonderful job of engaging both my children in school, supporting them and challenging them to meet their potential. Prairie has wonderful teachers, and a great supportive staff. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Yelm Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2009

Yelm Prairie Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted May 30, 2008

Yelm Prairie Elementary School 1

Posted June 17, 2006

Posted June 05, 2006
I have a son with special needs, and needed a pre K pre school enviorment. Prairie Elementary has a fantastic program provinding little ones with the chance to get ready for the challenges of 'real' school. My son has ASD, and the teachers are well qualified, and caring. They have a full and sturdy program assessing all of the core fundamentals. There is also OT and SP should your child need it like mine. I have been very happy, and whats more important my son is too!

Posted May 21, 2006
great school wonderfull caring teachers.

Yelm Prairie Elementary School
16535 110th Ave SE, Yelm, WA  98597
Last modified Yelm Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yelm Prairie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top