Lackamas Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
This school has THE WORST PRINCIPAL I have ever encountered. If your child is bullied, they take your child out of activities to avoid the bullies...not the other way around and once the Principal has made his arbitrary decision that your child is trouble, that reputation will follow him and preceed him in every year after that, never a clean slate...soo glad I got my kids out of there, wish it had been sooner . The one absolute saving grace in this school is some of the teachers but without Mrs. Gubser , this school would go under

Posted March 08, 2014
My children have attended this school for 5 years. I have never had a reason to complain. The staff is amazing. The school has a sense of family to it. They all work together to make sure your child succeeds. The counselor Mrs Gubsor has a goodbye club program for children with deployed parents. It has helped my kids get through deployments by giving them time to discuss with others going through the same thing. Teachers are very easy to talk to and always have time for parents. Lackamas has a great staff making sure to work as a team to ensure success and fun for your children. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Lackamas Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is great! The teacher's are very one on one with the parents about our child's strengths and weaknesses. They have had a Zero-Tolerance Policy against bullying, and enforced it, before it had become a national campaign/issue. The Principal seems very kind, and seems to like his job. The only issue I have, is that they send home way too much homework for the Kindergartners.

Posted June 27, 2013
This is an AWARD WINNING school, 4 years in a row for academic performance and improvement on state tests. All of my children have attended this school and we love it. The staff are dedicated. The principal is understanding. We have had nothing but great experiences here. I would personally like to call out the fabulous work that Mrs. Gubser the school counselor does. She has been amazing to listen to my children and help them work though difficult times. I wouldn't want my kids to go to school anywhere else.

Posted August 12, 2012
I love this school! My kids are very happy and look forward to school, their teaches, principal, title teacher have gone above and beyond to help my children be successful. I feel welcome anytime in campus and the teachers keep me up to date on my kids' progress.

Lackamas Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2012
Worst School I know of! If you have a child that has special needs, please concider something like k-12 or another school. I have talked to other parents that feel the same way me and my family do... They do not believe in the NCLB. They will harass you and do what they want no mater what you say. Confidentiality breaches will be made. And this is just the tip of the ice burg. 2 very good Teachers at this school that i would like to recomend - Ms McCracken and Ms Brook Braden. All I can say is Good luck!

Posted March 28, 2012
My children have been to a few different schools due to our military moves. I am happy to say this has been the best so far. The community, parent, and teacher involvement has been outstanding.

Posted January 16, 2012
This school is wonderful. The teachers, principal & staff are truely amazing & very dedicated. They are very caring & make you feel like part of a family. Very committed!!!!

Posted October 02, 2011
Absolutely the best school my kids have ever gone to. My kids have been in Virginia, California and northern WA. My oldest son struggles to pay full attention sometimes and teachers in CA were quick to want him tested for ADD, but here the teachers work their hardest all together to ensure the children are taken care of and meeting standards. Teachers are excellent and communicate with parents. They are always going above and beyond what they need to for the children. I wouldnt want my kids in any other elementary school than here.

Posted June 03, 2011
My kids have been in school in Yakima and in Yelm, and I can't agree with anything but, that this school is just fantastic. One of my kids struggles and is really hard to deal with but the teachers get together and just don't give up. All kids of Awesome things that you could say about this school, none of the descriptors would be able to properly describe the school and will fall shot. To be blunt this is probably one of the best elementary school in Washington state, and I can only hope for such great success on the Staff at the schools to come. GO LACKAMAS ELEMENTARY

Lackamas Elementary School
16240 Bald Hill Rd, Yelm, WA  98597
Last modified Lackamas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lackamas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top