Barboursville, WV

Village Of Barboursville Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2012
I come from the northern part of the states and have found this school system to be so under our expectations that it is boring to my kids.The elementary school is run by a principal that I have found to lose his selfcontrol when confronted and I pray that he does not show this same attitude towards our children.I have talked wirth many parents in whom I do not even know their names nor who their children are, but by LISTENING to them, I gather I am not alone in this view.There are people who live behind me who have told me a great deal about where he comes from in overseeing older kids at different schools and question his ajustment in dealing with younger children like ours.I have to believe that perhaps the loss of sight in his JOB in educating our children and treating parents with the respect we deserve are conflicting with an unwarranted personal view of power and authority instead.Maybe he is in the wrong line of work or just not able to adjust with todays times, but I know this for a certainty, that if he were to ever act in a way that I feel inappropriate toward any child I will certainly handle it.His JOB is to educate and watch over our childs education, nothing more!

Posted May 30, 2011
I love this school!!!My teachers have been the best,here's a BIG shoutout to Mrs.Hill and Mrs.Ashworth and Mrs.Kiminski!We have special programs throughout the year.I am also in their TAG system and it is very fun to be in.We have gym,music,and art which I think is very important to have in a school.THANK YOU MR.PORTER!!!We also have a jumprope team which I think is awesome and we have the BEST coach,MR.WILLIAMS.I repeat,I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted January 20, 2011
I love this school! They are very focused on the children as a whole. They are very disicplined and stay on a schedule. Always having contests and programs to get the kids interested in reading and math. They also still have PE, Music, and Art, which I think is important for all children. Mrs. Crissy Wheeler is the best 5th grade teacher, she has been a godsend to my daughter. Thank you Mrs. Wheeler!!

Posted August 29, 2010
VOBE is a WV School of Excellence and I can certainly see why they received this coveted award. The new administration, the teachers, office staff, cooks and custodians are all very welcoming and efficient. Everyone has the best interest of the students at heart and that shows in the attitudes, achievment and behaviors of the children. Lots of wonderful things going on at VOBE .

Posted June 02, 2010
My family just moved here from NY and I was quite nervous but the staff and students made my daughter feel right at home. My daughter is in first grade. I couldn't have asked for a better school!!!

Posted November 13, 2009

Posted September 27, 2009
i think this is a wonderful school. the staff there are great. my daughter is in the 1st grade and she loves it.

Posted July 06, 2008

Village Of Barboursville Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2007

Village Of Barboursville Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2007

Village Of Barboursville Elementary School
718 Central Ave, Barboursville, WV  25504
Last modified Village Of Barboursville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village Of Barboursville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top