Posted November 01, 2010
We moved here from another state, where diverisity was embrased. I feel as other reviewers do that some children who are from wealthy families are treated better. I had a very hard time with only the wealthy kids going on a school trip to D.C. The price of the trip puts it out of reach for some of us middle class families. In my old school district. We made sure that every child got to go on field trips. Even if they couldn't afford it. We did fundraising like crazy, which brought the community and parents of the school together. Here, I don't think the staff care about the children as much as they did in my old school district.

Barboursville Middle School 0

Posted March 04, 2010
We moved here when my son was starting 7th grade. We came from a school district where his graduating glass would have been aroung 1000 students. I thought putting him in a smaller school would be a better choice for him. He has had nothing but problems since he has started this school. He has been out casted from the beginning. I do believe the statement made by another that the wealthier families and the ones who have been around forever do get better treatment. My son has went from an honor roll student to barely making C's. I would not recommend this school.

Posted May 30, 2009

Barboursville Middle School 0

Posted October 14, 2008
BMS is a fabulous school! The teachers are very proffesional and caring and quick to respond to my questions and concerns. The parents that are complaining that they are not in the know... must not be accessing their edline account.

Barboursville Middle School 1

Posted September 18, 2008

Barboursville Middle School 5

Posted March 31, 2008

Posted May 14, 2007
We have had nothing but problems with this school. Teachers do not respond to parent calls or emails. Several times grades were incorrect on report cards and we had to go to administrators to get them fixed. Teachers are not flexible in regards to students with ADHD. Overall,teachers and staff provide little communication to parents. I would Not recommend this school.

Barboursville Middle School 3

Posted April 01, 2007
My child loves this school, my only problem I have is the progress and report cards..My daughter has came home several times with a bad grade or grades that I don't like..But when you email the teacher asking what's going on...you get the response back, oh that was put in the computer wrong, well by that time your child has been grounded from everything..I think they need to get it together because they are kids that actually get in trouble over this.

Barboursville Middle School 5

Posted March 24, 2007
This school has great educators. Although the teachers pay attention to all of their students, some teachers pay even more to the children who come from a richer family and that is not fair. I belive that all of the teachers and principles should not favor the 'preps' ,as kids classify them, as much as they do. You see, the 'preps' get away with what ever they want and they don't get punished like they should. This school is wonderful but has a major stereo-typing problem.

Barboursville Middle School 3

Posted April 21, 2006

Barboursville Middle School
1400 Central Ave, Barboursville, WV  25504
Last modified Barboursville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barboursville Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top