Posted December 08, 2011
St. Francis de Sales is a Catholic school that enrolls students in grades K-8. The school also maintains a Montessori pre-school and after-school care program. My daughter is in Kindergarten, and my husband and I are very happy with the school! The principal was recognized by a state Catholic school organization in 2010, and the teachers communicate well with parents. Parental involvement is encouraged at the school. My daughter could read when she started school, but since beginning Kindergarten at St. Francis, she can now identify nouns, proper nouns and subjects. She writes sentences and is learning math and science. We're Christian but not Catholic, and we have had to address with our daughter at home a few issues that have arisen in the mandatory religion class. But she also has grown in her Christian faith in a way that is very pleasing to us due to the teachers at St. Francis. The differences in doctrine have taught her to examine the issues and to think for herself. This is very positive to her development as an individual. Great school for $330 per month! Girl & Boy Scouts, basketball & cheer teams, heavy emphasis on academics. A++++++++++++++

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted March 24, 2009
The education I received here and the memories will last a lifetime.

Posted October 31, 2008
St. francis de Sales School has become family to our 3 boys. When we moved back to WV 3 years ago, we visited many schools in the area and Picked SFDS for their wonderful Academic standards and the very visible positive effect that a strong Catholic School has on the students. We couldn't be happier...SFDS will partner with you in raising responsible, capable, loving members of the community.

Posted July 12, 2008
I had three children attend this school. This school worked well with my oldest since she was an achiever and never required anything 'extra'. My second child had dyslexia (which I had to fight to get diagnosed yrs later)--I was told he just wasn't trying and didn't pay attention) in which at the time he was attending they didn't have a Title I reading teacher and I was advised his regular teacher didn't have time to assist him. His class size was 10 at the time--and she didn't have time to help him? I sent my children there due to the fact the classes were smaller and could get more individual help if indicated. He never returned to the school again. My last child I had to pull out from the preschool program since they could not 'control him'. He did well at another preschool program.

Posted March 26, 2008
A+++ school. My child has grown leaps and bounds at St Francis. All the teachers and staff are caring and cater to the children's every need. Your child could not receive any better.

Posted January 14, 2008
For anyone who may want to question ...is this the school for my child, let me tell you, no other school is better... this school will nourish and help you develop your child .. the school can only do so much .. parents do need to step in and do this rest ...my daughter loved her schooling at St. Francis de Sales and would thank each teacher there as it is the best for learning values and education as well as the Catholic teachings. This school is 5+. Thank you so much, my daughter has nothing but positive for the school.

St Francis De Sales School 3

Posted November 09, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006
One of the best elementary schools any of my 6 boys have attended across the united states including overseas

St Francis De Sales School
622 South Oakwood Avenue, Beckley, WV  25801
Last modified St Francis De Sales School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Francis De Sales School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top