Bad
Good

i am sopost to be going to this school for my 8th grade year i dont know how it will be for me but ive talked to some people and they say the principals were wayy to strict and the teachers were always unfair and they had favorites so honestly i dont think i will like this school

Of course no one is perfect and there will always be human nature involved in mistakes. Yes, I agree with the students that some corrective actions should be taken to correct the vice principle but this is a great school overall. As I stress to my child you get out of your education what you put into it and I demand excellence as a parent. I do believe the school could include more parent involvement instead of a select few band booster parents. The sports are great. The coaching takes the children to the next level to prepare them for high school competition. Yes, the web site could use improvements so the parents has better communication with parents. Although personally I have found if you persist payoff is exceptional. My only suggestion is for the office perssonel to face their own faults to improve the school. Great school overall Thanks much

I am a student at DuPont Middle School, and I hoestly don't enjoy it that much. The vice principal is to strict and doesn't treat students fairly. Herself and I never got along, and don't plan on it. I'm a good student most of the time and try my best to follow the school rules, but it's hard when the teacher's are always on people's cases about every little thing!! I do not like my school one bit!!! Thank you!(:

i agree this school does not treat all the kids fair. The vice principal is very rude to the students, and the pricipal doesn't seem to care about many things. They certaintly do not take care of some things like they should. They do not diserve a school of excellence.

This school might be fine when it comes to sports or band, but when it comes to your child being treated fairly you need to be cautious. The area around Rand is not necessarily a good place to raise children, so of course some of the dysfunctional children from the area attend this school. Last year one the students threatened my child. When I called the school to make my complaint they told me that since the student who was making the threat was a 'special ed' student there was nothing they could do about it. More recently, a similiar situation occured in which I had to call the school to discuss a threat. The issue was not dealt with to my satisfaction. I just dont feel they take the safety of our children seriously enough.

Best school ever its activitays are fun while you learn. We have fun das like no pencil day and all kinds of other things i am a stright a student and wasnt in elementry if u live in the kanawha county area then you should go to dupont middle school

Can only contact teachers through school email. My child ADHD, my child's counselor did not want the hassle of setting up plan. Assignments not updated on school web site. Not enough parent-teacher interaction as I would like.

I am very pleased with the policies of Dupont Middle. The administration rates very high. I am a retired teacher and appreciate the hard work that in involved with teaching and with leading a great staff. Thank you Dupont Middle School principal, teachers, and all the support people who make this a great school.

Last modified Du Pont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.