Buckhannon, WV

B-U Middle School 2

Posted October 13, 2009
Where to start first off our schools lack training. If your child is special needs prepare for a fight getting them to provide services your child needs. The impression they give is children should be seen and not heard. I am currently looking for a new home in a different county so my child doesn't have to endure this anymore. Before this school year i was only planning on my child going to the fifth grade here. I would never enroll my children in the middle or high school. I actually have lived in this county my whole life, my opinions come from personal experience from being both the student and being a parent of a student. I also agree with an earlier post about the seventh grade. I struggled through the entire seventh grade, my mother had me tested, my IQ was 145 no learning disability of any type

B-U Middle School 1

Posted August 04, 2009
Some of the teachers do not teach the students they only give a an assigment.Then they dont help

B-U Middle School 5

Posted January 28, 2009
Good School, people are very nice and teachers are helpful

B-U Middle School 5

Posted August 11, 2006

B-U Middle School 3

Posted February 09, 2005
I think there should be more close interaction with the student from the teacher at BUMS. This can easily be done by focusing more attention on one different student a day, because there is approx. 180 days in a school yr which is plenty to pay specific attention to each student in a class approx. 20 times during a yr. There should also be a more detailed outline handed out to the student and the parents of what is expected in behavior and especially what is expected to be learned in the yr. So, academic needs improvement, activities should be encouraged to more students and there should be more parent get together activities like 'pot lucks' to influence parent involvement. I was a student at this school 19 years ago and needed more attention in the 7th. My sister is a 7th grader now and is failing. Coincidence?

B-U Middle School 4

Posted September 27, 2004
Both of my children went to bums. I have been reasonably, well pleased about the education they received there. As in any situation, improvement is always possible. Bums has some awesome teachers, and they try very hard. Our students, by in large, are good students. We are from a county that has been hard hit by poverty (over 50%), but we do the best for our students that we can. Our county levy for schools has helped greatly in providing materials for our students. Would i send a student to bums? You bet I would!! We are a faculty and staff of caring people, concerned about our students. We work well on a professional level.

B-U Middle School
Rt. 6 Box 303, Buckhannon, WV  26201
Last modified B-U Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
B-U Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top