Posted August 03, 2011
Upon entering Union Elementary School, one will experience a clean, positive warm and welcoming environment where students, staff, and parents are encouraged to learn and to develop into responsible citizens. Our core values and beliefs include that all students deserve a quality education in preparing for the 21st century workplace. All students learn in a respectful, caring atmosphere within a safe student-centered learning environment. It is the mutual responsibility of students, staff, parents, and other community members to be committed to and accountable for student achievement. It is also the mutual responsibility of all the stakeholders to be committed to and accountable for our students mastery of the content that is essential for success in life. The School Mission Statement is enforced to provide a quality education through a safe student-centered learning environment. It is for these reasons and more, that the entire school community is involved and eager to ensure the success of all students. In addition to our mission statement, our focus is also on developing positive character traits in our students.

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted September 27, 2007

Posted July 26, 2007
The child I have in this school is a 'special'. He is PDD and ADHD, so any teacher that has him has his/her hands full. I have been very impressed with the abilities of the teachers he has had. We've had a few issues, but overall, it has been a good three years.

Posted February 16, 2005
My daughter has attended Union for almost 4 years. I am so pleased with this school. The rate at which she has learned to read has been wonderful. They use a program with reading that lets the children read at their own pace so she has been able to excel wonderfully and not become bored. The teachers at Union expect a lot from their students, which keeps the children trying hard and not slacking off. They also expect their students to behave, which helps the children become more disciplined. My daughter participates in Art and Music during school. She absolutely loves those programs and I am so thankful they have been able to keep them. I would recommend this school to anyone. My daughter has had a wonderful beginning to her school experience and I have Mr. Petit and all the teachers at Union (and I can't forget Mrs. Brockleman, the secretary.)

Union Elementary School
20 Heavener Grove Rd, Buckhannon, WV  26201
Last modified Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top