Bad
Good

Bunker Hill Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2016
First and most importantly, I would highly recommend this school. The special education program is great. I was worried moving from Northern VA to WV as far as my son's education was concerned. I did extensive research and chose a home based on that research. I wanted my son in the Mussleman district. Every school in Berkeley County has an autism program. I have been very happy with his teacher and his progress this year, more than I was with the schools he attended in VA With that being said, I am at a loss for words when in comes to the office staff. I understand safety and security come first, and that people are very busy working, however the women in the front office are off putting at best! From the get go I felt uncomfortable talking with them. It came off a snobbish at first, then I realized it was maybe just a small town, I am an outsider attitude, but come on. When transferring him to the school at the beginning of the school year, they behaved as if we had moved from Alaska or Germany, but his school is closer to the Virginia border than it is to our home. Fine maybe they don't get many transfers, I just sucked it up. But I am continuously uncomfortable in the office, they are very unfriendly and seem to "rule the roost" in every aspect. Speaking to my son's teacher about various things once, and I mentioned this and asked about speaking to the principal or VP to kinda leave a review, not to complain, and the teacher actually lowered her voice on the phone and said she had heard this before, and would pass along the info. She sounded scared, as if the women were listening to the call. Creepy! Then I never heard from anyone else in the school. The principal, who I have never seen, is brand new this year, and may have given the office staff permission to run things, but overall the unfriendly, snobbish, tension I feel walking in there is bizarre. I have called twice this year to speak to my son's teacher about general things, both times the women (same one I believe both calls) pressed for more info. I said general questions about my son, no rush, teacher can call me back, and both times I was asked to be more specific. Seriously, no. It might be a small school in a smallish town compared to NVA but its not Mayberry, and I have been as nice as possible. I am confused at the way the school is run overall.

Bunker Hill Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2012
My daughter was in kindergarten last year. We absolutely had a wonderful experience. The staffs are very attentive. The curriculum is very well organized. The PTA is so awesome. Always has many after-school activities to attend. We love Art Club so much. So glad that we move to South Berkeley and have such great schools here.

Bunker Hill Elementary School 5

Posted March 23, 2011
I've only been a resident of WV for 2 years and my daughter attends Bunker Hill and all I can say is WOW! I am SO impressed with the teacher, principal and parent involement. The school is always hosting family activities, after school programs for the kids and the list goes on and to make it even better all that they offer, its FUN!!!! This school is just great! I love my daughter's teacher! The principal is very personable and he is great. The staff is friendly and I have no complaints. I would recommend this school!!!

Bunker Hill Elementary School
58 Happy School Ave, Bunker Hill, WV  25413
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. (304) 229-1980
Last modified Bunker Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.