Charles Town, WV

Washington High School 1

Posted July 19, 2014
If you are considering moving to this area and have school aged children RUN...don't walk elsewhere. This school is run by small town bureaucrats that are very unwelcoming to newcomers. They concentrate on meaningless ideals and have no idea what these kids actually need to succeed in life outside a small community. Washington HS has not met the AYP in a number of years and the principal is more concerned with her own personal agenda than the well being of the children. There is absolutely zero communication with the parents and her lack of leadership and knowledge has been exhibited on a number of occasions such as allowing children to miss buses when sporting events have been cancelled and she didn't have enough insight to verify facts before the end of the day and shrugs her shoulders and says I didn't know. News flash...it is your job to know! If this is the best school in WV it is no wonder WV is 48th in country for education!

Posted October 24, 2013
Wonderful school! I have noticed care, concern, empathy of the all the staff towards the young men who attend. The curriculum is geared toward college preparations, the athletics department is growing and the atmosphere is always positive. I am very grateful my kids have been able to attend such a wonderful learning institution.

Washington High School 1

Posted October 22, 2013
What an awful place. We left this area a few years ago and I never knew how bad I had it until I left. I thought I respected the school at the time but it turns out I was just trying to justify the bad education my son was getting. There was very little other than football and basket ball offered in the way of extra curricular activities. Bored kids equal trouble and let me tell you, I know there still is trouble there. My son has great extra cirricular activities where we are, his GPA has sky rocketed, I have seen support staff actually support students. Not there, his guidance counselor was very unkind. If you are considering moving here, don't. It was the worst decision I ever made. Stay in Virginia - schools are much better, resources are much better, more for kids to be involved in. Just beware.

Posted April 19, 2012
This school is such a great place. It's clean, fresh, and bright. The environment is nurturing and expectations for students are high. This is the only high school in the county where the principals regularly check in on substitute teachers to make sure they are doing alright with the class and answer any questions they might have. Discipline is fair and even-handed. The music program is strong and has dedicated personnel and band boosters.

Posted April 20, 2010
Washington High School is the best school because of our dedicated staff and hard working students. I love working in a school where learning is fun and innovative, and we absolutely have this atmosphere at WHS. Go Patriots!

Posted April 20, 2010
Washington High school is the best run school in the state of WV. They care about their students, parents and staff. They go above and beyond to make sure the learning enviorment is top notch for the students @ WHS. They have a great graduation rate as well as college rate. I wouldn't want my child to go to ANY other school in the state!

Posted April 20, 2010
At Washington academics is the number one priority. It has a great learning environment and everyone wants the students to achieve and reach their individual potential. Many teachers go beyond what they are called to do to re-teach and also provide confidence that each student may take with them into the future.

Posted April 19, 2010
The facility is wonderful and the faculty is a terrific mix of interesting people. It is a great place to work and hopefully pass on my love of learning.

Posted April 19, 2010
Washington High has a great discipline policy, caring teachers, and a wonderful special education staff.

Posted April 19, 2010
Staff is polite and professional and students are (for the most part) well behaved.

Washington High School
300 Washington Patriots Dr, Charles Town, WV  25414
Last modified Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top