No rating

Page Jackson Elementary School

Public | PK-2

Posted May 2, 2010

Page Jackson has wonderful teachers and staff that care about their students. We love our students at PJE!

Posted April 30, 2010

Won a National Health Award this year; excellent teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best education for your children.

Posted April 30, 2010

I love the children and parents that I am so furtunate to work with! The teachers are so hard working and make it a joy to come to work.

Posted April 30, 2010

I love working at Page Jackson. Not only that the school won the National Health Award, but we are concerned about our students education. We give them the best so that they can excell in life.

Posted April 29, 2010

Page-Jackson Elementary is a great school. We are only K-2nd grades. We have lots of fun while learning. We have wonderful teachers with lots of experience. We love our kids.

Posted April 29, 2010

I have a wonderful support system that ensures that I can give nothing less than the best to my students.

Posted March 24, 2009

PJE is an awesome school. I really enjoy working there.

Posted December 20, 2008

our boys love the school, however the principal is not my idea of what someone in this position should be. the teachers are all loving and wonderful.

Posted February 22, 2008

I think Page Jackson is a great school. My daughter had just enrolled the school about a month ago. She had just came to the States after spending 5 years in China, so she doesn't speak any English at all. However, all the teachers were really wonderful to her and gave her lots of workbooks and other fun activities for her to take home. She had master the 123's and the ABC's and other simple words. Also, she loves to go to school every morning. All in all this is a wonderful school

Posted February 19, 2008

I am from Maryland and the school system is horribly disorganized at page jackson. The school has lost several of my orders and then keeps asking for more money. If they had not lost money to begin with, maybe they would not need to ask. I also feel that the good teachers do not stay and the rest just dont give these kids attention. It hurts the kids in the end.

Posted October 1, 2006

I have two children in page jackson and both love going to school. Neither had had preschool exposure and have made the leap into all day public school with ease! the teachers have been wonderful and i am very impressed with the curriculum! the fact that my children are learning, anticipating going to school even on the weekends, are making friends and are extremely happy makes me feel good about their learning experience at page jackson.

Posted June 5, 2006

My children both went to this school K-3. Page Jackson is a really nice school with loving teachers & staff that care about the children. One of the programs they have for the students is called the 'Sunshine award',given for good deeds, etc and is presented in a ceremony in front parents,students and staff. My daughter recieved it for helping others in the class. It really boosted her self esteem! Over all, this is a warm, nuturing enviroment.

Posted May 10, 2006

I think that Page Jackson should be more creative with learning. Boys and girls learn differently and this school thinks in the box and I am not impressed at all. I am thinking seriously in to a private school. My son learned more in preschool in 1/2 a day than he has in this school a full day. Matter of a fact he has forgotten the things he knew.He has actually said he didn't want to go to school and that never was said in preschool. Children should be awarded and praised ,not reprimanded for just about any thing and given colored cards for discipline in front of their peers.Children are expected to act like adults as children. Very stressful to children and we know how many children are on medicine today to 'calm them down so we adults can deal with them!' Stress can strink the brain!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 31%N/A53%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

• Choir / Chorus

Language learning

Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Spanish

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • We have many voluteers on a regular basis. over 300 hours was logged last year by volunteers.