Posted July 23, 2014
This school is top in the county and top in the state. So is the high school. Our school is not usually over 75 degrees, or have low quality of technology. Our teachers are strict on rules and whoever said they aren't, is obviously not paying attention. You can get into any sport based on your skills not money, because we don't downgrade people. Yes, we have drama and rumors, but EVERY school has this. So for whoever said this school is nothing and is saying all of these rude things, then get a life and act like an educated human and realize this is with every school. Who ever moves into this district, John Adams is the one for you.

Posted June 29, 2014
I'm a student at John Adams and in my opinion it is the best school I could go to. The teachers have taught me so much even this year with how many days we had off. Sure the students have some drama but what school doesn't? The teachers treat us all fairly. They punish us if we need to be punished and reward us when we do good. Honestly I don't know where the whole rumor that the teachers treat students unfairly based on how rich or poor they are. I don't know about other people's experiences but from mine I can tell you that is not true. John Adams is a great school and if you are new to the area or are lookin for a new school for your kids, you should sent them to JA.

John Adams Middle School 2

Posted April 09, 2014
I'm an eight grader at John Adams. Our school is most definitely the best school in the county, but the entire Kanawha County school system is horrendous. Basically, we are the best of the worst. The temperature in the building is usually over 75 degrees, due to the outdated boiler system controlled by the county. The school itself is in disrepair, and filled with technology that hardly works, and isn't repaired for weeks or even months. Teachers are substandard and oblivious to bullying often perpetrated by the upper class students. Furthermore, all programs affiliated with the school are classist and political, and it's highly common to not make a sports team if you aren't friends with their kids or rich. The health program is also inadequate, and provides us, the students, with outdated books and methods. The bullying and discipline in the school is abysmal, and while the false smiles and lies tell you something will be done, I can guarantee that no action will be taken. When a student decides to take action when all else fails, they are usually suspended and the bully let off scot-free. I feel quite honestly dishonored by the school system, but I doubt anything will happen.

Posted January 07, 2014
John Adams may have decent scores for West Virginia but its personally the worst school i have ever gone to in my entire life. If you arent a rich snob then most likely youll have trouble in school, and the teachers have almost no respect to the school or students; excluding a few. The kids cause drama and compete with other. all they care about is how expensive their jeans are and whos house has how many floors. Im not a top student and im not saying im a great person, but this school needs a major change from the building itself to teachers and especially the students attitudes.

Posted January 02, 2014
This school is a joke.. Teachers and staff are mean and rude. Some teachers scream and yell "shut up" at the kids.. I guess this is acceptable. If you are new to the area I would advise you to home school or enroll somewhere else. The students are rude spoiled brats! They are mean and non accepting of new students. The school makes it seem they are all that... Let me be the one to tell you different. My child would learn more sitting in front of a computer with a virtual teacher... Major changes for my kids next year.

Posted March 03, 2013
and they also treat the kids that are not rich differently. I live in a poor community and Mr. Mallory and Mrs. Jordan were the only ones that really treated me fairly.

Posted September 24, 2012
Lets be real, darilngs,John Adams was the number one shool in westest grades in all subjecs in West Virginia for the 2012 year and we have 3 out of stars while stonewall jackson one of the worst school in west virginia with westtest sores getting worse every year has 5 out of 5 stars,really..... SOUNDS LIKe A Lot OF PEOPLE WRItng HAte on John Adams..

Posted August 31, 2012
JA provides a warm, positive atmosphere with its open door policy, caring teachers and high standards. The children are educated, well rounded, diverse and manerly. JA is an outstanding school.

John Adams Middle School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
Most of the teachers at JAMS are great! I admit, bullying and drugs are a problem, but not a large one. The chorus program could be better. I wish the computer programs and required school books used would actually teach us something, but this problem applies to all Kanawha County Public middle schools. John Adams is over all a good school. I would recommend going there. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

John Adams Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2012
I love this school no matter what you say- we have SOME behavioral problems with bullying and drug use but it is limited to an extremely small group of kids. Just about every kid here is left alone, including myself, and I find that the programs here are very beneficial. French, Spanish, Geometry, Algebra, Physical Science.... what a way to get ahead!

John Adams Middle School
2002 Presidential Dr, Charleston, WV  25314
Last modified John Adams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Adams Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews.