Cross Lanes Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2010
My daughter attends k here this year. She has a great pair of teachers! They have taught her so much this year already and have her reading on her own! She has been challenged this year as she enjoys this kind of teaching. I think we have the best two teachers in the school, aside from one other in a higher grade. The teachers are extremely involved with these kids, although as some parents have stated, some teachers do scream at the students, one of which is no longer here this year. I spend a lot of time on the inside of this school with volunteering here and some things I have witnessed definitely was brought up and needs vast improvement. However, the principal this year makes surethe kids are completely safe while in her care. She is strict but great!

Cross Lanes Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2010

Cross Lanes Elementary School 0

Posted April 03, 2009
My child is now attending pre-k here. The teachers are very nice and respectful and show enthusiasm to each student. Are they actually teaching them much? I haven't seen a whole lot of learning as far as paperwork proving the learning going on. No ABC's or 123's and it's almost over. No field trips at all for the pre-k here, but has cousins in other schools and they have been on several trips to disney on ice, the pumpkin patch, the cultural center and have twice the kids that we currently have and yet our kids haven't seen the outside of the classroom. Don't understand the differences being so strong in different areas only 1 county away. However the new principal this year seems very strong willed in teaching children and seems driven where kids are concerned. She's excited everyday and very peppy when talking with the students.

Cross Lanes Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2009
This school does little to promote family involvement and seems to have more interest in strict authority than teaching appropriate decisionmaking. If you want your child to learn to think on their own in the least, do not enroll them at this school. The principal is harsh with parents and teachers frequently scream at students. We have been very disappointed and are considering a move in order to prevent additional trauma to our child.

Posted February 01, 2008

Posted August 28, 2007
This school is fantastic! My children (3) attended from kindergarten - fifth, and I would have a very hared time coming up with anything negative to say about this wonderful institution.

Posted May 01, 2007

Posted January 06, 2007
Cross Lanes Elementary is a fantastic school. I have a daughter in kindergarten there and so far I am very impressed with the teachers, administration, the academics and everything else. Excellent school!

Cross Lanes Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2006
- a former student
As a former student of CLES I think in terms of academics its wonderful, they have a gifted program and special education classes. Theirs PE, a library, music and art. The class sizes were decent and there was plenty of individualized attention to each student. I would recommend this school

Posted April 04, 2006
My daughter is in the first grade in this school. We are very happy here. The classes are small enough that each student gets plenty of attention. The parents are involved in the classrooms. They are encouraged to come in and read to the children and allow the children to read to them. We highly recommend this school.

Cross Lanes Elementary School
5525 Big Tyler Rd, Charleston, WV  25313
(304) 776-2022
Last modified Cross Lanes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cross Lanes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top