Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My children love Holz. They love the teachers, and they love the staff. They have flourished academically. Having gone all the way through Holz, our eldest is now flourishing at John Adams Middle School. As parents, my wife and I are very pleased with Holz School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

First, they need to dress professionally and then then need to ACT professionally. That means NOT yelling at kids and knowing how to ACTUALLY TEACH!

Amount of homework: no rating

I cannot relate to this, I can only say that the homework my kids get is not teaching them a la TEST SCORES! Too much busy work.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff never focuses on these aspects of life. They need to take a look at this.

A teacher wrote, "They have a hiking challenge, an exercise challenge...." How about getting the reading and math scores up with a CHALLENGE!

I cannot believe the good ratings about this school. Obviously, these parents have not read the scores on the school's testing. 2012 Grade 3: 50% of the students proficient in Math 45% of the students proficient in Reading (Grade 3) 62% of the students proficient in Science 50% of the students proficient in Social Studies Yet, they indicate: "With a strong teacher retention rate, Holz boasts a fully certified professional staff, 66% of whom have earned master level degrees and higher. " The whole staff needs replaced starting with the principal.

I'm happy with the choice we made to bring our little ones to school here. The teachers have been most helpful in their transition into this wonderful school.

Holz has an emphasis on healthy habits for students. They have a running club, pack a snack challenge, exercise challenge, hiking trail challenge, chess club,and kangaroo club (Rope jumping), The staff are very professional and have the student's best interest in the for front. Academics are emphasized at all levels of student function.

Working at Holz has been one of the best experiences of my professional career. Despite some of the challenges we face at this school and education in general, the staff works together to seek the best strategies and resources for our students. Our school is full of involved parents who do anything they can to promote student success. Students are offered the opportunity to participate in after-school tutoring, chess club, and several activities that promote health and wellness. Overall, Holz is the school many only dream about finding.

Holz is the most outstanding school I have had the privilege to serve in 40 years as an educator in schools across the country. The depth of dedication to teaching and learning is truly amazing. All staff are committed to the care and nurturing of the children who enter our school, from cooks and custodians to volunteers. We have amazing community involvement and support that enables us to enrich the lives of our students and guide them to reach their potential. After my first year at Holz, a parent asked what I noticed that was different from other schools. My reply was immediate, the children are so happy and eager to learn! In addition, their compassion for others is remarkable.

Last modified Holz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.