Charleston, WV

Posted August 23, 2013
Weberwood Elementary is a National School of Excellence as well as a WV Blue Ribbon School . It has been recognized for many years as one of the best in the state of WV. The staff at Weberwood is second to none!!! They encourage not only the above normal education needs of the students but also the physical education of the students . The staff is knowledgeable, caring, demanding and above all understanding of each child's needs . They help each student achieve their goals. The test scores are always in the upper status of the state and consistently as stated. I love being a part of the experience but more importantly my grandchildren love it. Many thanks for a job well done!!!!!!

Posted August 31, 2012
When searching for the right Elementary School for my children, I did my homework on test scores, teachers, and the community. Weberwood was by far the best choice for us and I could not be happier with my childs education and care through his Primary Education. I highly recommend this school!!!!

Posted January 22, 2011
This school is awsome! I love my teachers they are totally cool. All of the students in the class that I'm in have A's B's and C's occasionally there is a D but thats only if they didn't study, not that the teacher didn't explain clearly. If you were going to pick a school in Kanawha County this is probably one of the best schools to go to!

Posted October 09, 2010
It is a very culturally diverse school with caring staff, parents, and students. A school that exhibits a lot of character!

Posted November 16, 2009
This is, in my estimation, the finest of the elementary schools in Kanawaha County. The teachers are involved and nurturing. They rigorously encourage academic success without alienating a single child. From the administration down to the custodial staff...everyone is top notch! This year, my son has one of the best teachers in Kanawha County. I have no concern whatsoever that my son is receiving the preparation he needs for future study.

Posted May 16, 2008
This is probably the best school in the area. Principal Bowe is so involved. My son is in Kindergarten and is going into first grade next year probably reading at a 2nd grade level. It is his amazing teacher and all the other fabulous resources at the school!

Posted March 12, 2008
I could not be happier with this wonderful little school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and she loves her teacher! I have seen her reading skills grow tremendously during the year and I feel she is receiving an excellent education. Dr. Bowe is very accessable and everything he does shows that he deeply cares about the students that attend Weberwood. I feel very secure knowing that my daughter is taken care of so well each and every day!

Posted January 24, 2008
My son adores his kindergarten teacher. He talks about her every evening during dinner. She makes him feel special and rewards his good behavior with the popular 'goody box.' The principal's office door is always open and he has always taken time to address any concern that I have. I am glad that my child attends this school.

Posted January 15, 2008
I am so pleased that my child attends Weberwood. My child's teacher is exceptional. The librarian really helps my child select appropriate literature. She ecourages my child to read. The test scores at Weberwood are among the highest in the state. Howver, Principal Bowe focuses on a lot more than test scores. My child is greeted each morning by the principal and he visits each classom everyday. He knows what is going on in the building. My wife and I thank God for his leadership.

Weberwood Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2007
I am not pleased. My kindergarten girl is bored and doesn't want to go to school. She says they never get to talk and all they do is sit and do worksheets. I see very little art coming home and quite a lot of repetitive worksheets - many with additional drawings on the back because she has obviously been finished for awhile and been sitting and waiting. Much of this year is review for her - she has known her alphabet for two years. Because the gym is used as a lunch room, they never get to play in the gym. If it is nice, they go outside, otherwise their gym time is held in their class room. They only have gym once a week - too little physical activity for this age. Rather than encouraging learning, this seems antithetical to teaching a love of school and learning.

732 Gordon Rd, Charleston, WV  25303
(304) 348-1924
Last modified Weberwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weberwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top