Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 14, 2016
I've had to transfer my oldest daughter from Dunbar to this school due to being bullied and suicidal ideation. When I transferred her here, she excelled, and is doing a lot better. Been here for 2 years now, with this our last year. Definitely recommend this school to parents looking for a great school for their children to excel. Just found out they have PreK and I'll be sending my two youngest here.

Piedmont Year-Round Education
Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 14, 2016
Ms. Strousl you're doing great with your staff and students, I feel like my child's safety and learning really matters!

Posted April 06, 2011
We are so incredibly lucky to have this jewel of a school in our neighborhood. Gifted principals with incredible foresigh, dedicated, experienced faculty. Wonderful resources. Beautiful experience for both my kids.

Posted January 29, 2011
My issues are less with the school than with county policy. My child attends pre-K and is forced to eat school lunch- we're prohibited from sending lunch with him. No other grade level is subject to this rule, not even kindergarten. My son (no more picky than most his age) comes home from school hungry most days. And just try getting the bureaucrat-in-charge on the phone... Other than this issue, our experiences with Piedmont's staff have been mainly positive. We're deciding on a school for our child in the coming weeks; in spite of living in the Holz district I'm leaning toward keeping my kid at Piedmont.

Posted October 18, 2009
There are so many things that make Piedmont a great school, I'll just keep going until I run out of space. The teachers are GREAT! Year-round school is fabulous for many reasons...it just makes sense. Piedmont is friendly, vibrant and SO full of personality. The full day pre-K program can not be beat. Volunteerism is a huge part of the culture at Piedmont, with many businesses partnering for the betterment of the school. Then there are the state championship chess team and the strings program, not to mention the NASA program. My children are treated with such care and are so happy there, I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted October 14, 2009
This is our first year at Piedmont and we are absolutely thrilled with the school. Along with the year-round schedule, this school has much to offer that you can't find anywhere else. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is always finding ways to make Piedmont better and better, and the staff is second-to-none. Parental involvement is encouraged, and volunteers are constantly in this school. We love the neighborhood feel and I am so thankful to the many businesses that have partnered with this school to make all the children the very best they can be!

Posted October 08, 2009
Test scores do not reflect the quality of this School. I have children who are now in 4th and 3rd Grade and have come all the way through from Kindergarden. The School has an excellent longstanding Principal who is always bringing in innovative programs, speakers, and making links to business.( NASA School, Elevator program in partnership with Jackson and Kelly etc). The Faculty are smart and professional, likewise the building. There are some annual events that bring the school together, Carnival, music and the schools chess teams have won County and State Championships. The year round schedule means children and teachers are not burned out. There are some wonderful afterschool programs associated with the School and programs are stepping up to offer Intersession Care. Gifted children are encouraged. We are very happy with the School.

Posted July 01, 2009
Piedmont is an awesome neighborhood school where innovation and excellence are the top priorities. Teachers care for children deeply and go to bat for them in a million ways. Piedmont is the only NASA Explorer Elementary School in the state. All kinds of special activities: International Walk to School Day, Safe Routes to School, school carnival, spring show to name a few. We are so lucky to have this school in our neighborhood.

Piedmont Year-Round Education 1

Posted June 01, 2009
Their classes are to big. Most classes are together which how are the children going to learn when there are to many children in the class not along with another teacher teaching to nother grade level in the same room. Something should be done about this my daughter will not go there next school.

Piedmont Year-Round Education
203 Bradford St, Charleston, WV  25301
(304) 348-1910
Last modified Piedmont Year-Round Education is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.