Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school could be relatively decent but there are so many issues people ignore. For instance, teacher absences. A teacher I had this year just took it upon themselves to show up whenever they felt like it. (They missed approximately 15+ days of school. Excluding when they decided to walk out and not come back) This negatively affected our learning in the class. And I also don't like how we worry so much about how the students represent the school when we have at least two (maybe more) teachers with criminal records. We have way too many assemblies. So many doors are locked that it's near impossible to get to class. The communication between the office and teachers and students is terrible. Everyone is pretty much left in the dark. I feel like there's no open dialogue about what needs fixing. Writing a few suggestions on a piece of paper and handing to the principal for him to glance at and probably throw away is not what I call open dialogue. We need to include parents and students in decision making and not just leave it up to the administration and teachers.

This school and Vice Principal Cruikshank in particular show a complete lack of concern about bullying and have swept issues under the rug. Total disregard for zero tolerance

I am now a junior at Herbert Hoover, I transferred to HHHS from Capital at the beggining of this school year. I had attended Elkview Middle, and chose to attend Capital for sports (girls soccer & swimming). I excelled in sports at Capital, started as a freshman & sophmore on the soccer team, and was awarded to recieve 'freshman of the year' . I was very involved in Student Council, I was president for my freshman, sophmore, and was suppose to be my junior class as well... I absolutely loved Capital High School, the administration was strict, but they have to be, that is what keeps that school so good ! However, make sure you pick your friends wisely, and DO NOT give into peer pressure. Now that I have attended 2 different high schools, I realize how lucky I was to attend Capital. I feel so much prepared to 'the

My daughter loves this school this is her first year there

I have one son who has graduated from Capital and is maintaining a 4.0 in college. My other son is currently at Capital and is maintaining a 4.3 GPA. Capital is an excellent school and staff and administration work hard to make the school a safe and effective place.

Last modified Capital High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.