Charleston, WV
Students enrolled: 1,261

Posted June 09, 2015
This school could be relatively decent but there are so many issues people ignore. For instance, teacher absences. A teacher I had this year just took it upon themselves to show up whenever they felt like it. (They missed approximately 15+ days of school. Excluding when they decided to walk out and not come back) This negatively affected our learning in the class. And I also don't like how we worry so much about how the students represent the school when we have at least two (maybe more) teachers with criminal records. We have way too many assemblies. So many doors are locked that it's near impossible to get to class. The communication between the office and teachers and students is terrible. Everyone is pretty much left in the dark. I feel like there's no open dialogue about what needs fixing. Writing a few suggestions on a piece of paper and handing to the principal for him to glance at and probably throw away is not what I call open dialogue. We need to include parents and students in decision making and not just leave it up to the administration and teachers.

Posted April 13, 2013
This school and Vice Principal Cruikshank in particular show a complete lack of concern about bullying and have swept issues under the rug. Total disregard for zero tolerance

Posted December 14, 2009
I am now a junior at Herbert Hoover, I transferred to HHHS from Capital at the beggining of this school year. I had attended Elkview Middle, and chose to attend Capital for sports (girls soccer & swimming). I excelled in sports at Capital, started as a freshman & sophmore on the soccer team, and was awarded to recieve 'freshman of the year' . I was very involved in Student Council, I was president for my freshman, sophmore, and was suppose to be my junior class as well... I absolutely loved Capital High School, the administration was strict, but they have to be, that is what keeps that school so good ! However, make sure you pick your friends wisely, and DO NOT give into peer pressure. Now that I have attended 2 different high schools, I realize how lucky I was to attend Capital. I feel so much prepared to 'the

Posted September 29, 2008
My daughter loves this school this is her first year there

Posted June 19, 2007
I have one son who has graduated from Capital and is maintaining a 4.0 in college. My other son is currently at Capital and is maintaining a 4.3 GPA. Capital is an excellent school and staff and administration work hard to make the school a safe and effective place.

Posted May 14, 2006
Capitol offers so many wonderful courses and activities, but the leadership is poor and it is very easy to not get your fullest education.

Capital High School 2

Posted January 09, 2006
This school is good, but the principal is a poor excuse for leadership.

Posted June 16, 2005
Capital High School has an uncountable amount of extracurricular activities. It is a wonderful school. My brother is now a senior at Capital and has never had any complaints about this school. The parents and staff members are very well involved with all the students that attend Capital High School.

Posted February 15, 2005
My son graduated in 2004 from Capital High and is now at WVU. He was very prepared for college and I think he received a very good education from Capital. There are many subjects to choose from as well as many extra-curricular activities. Capital was a very pleasant 4 years for me and my son.

Posted September 09, 2003
My oldest has graduated from Capital High. I now have a daughter in 9th and one in 12th. This school is outstanding in faculty/teacher involvement with the children and outwardly show care. Best school in the Valley!

1500 Greenbrier St, Charleston, WV  25311
Last modified Capital High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capital High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top